AC intermittently cutting out when slowing down?

I've noticed that sometimes driving my 21' AT4 6.2 that especially if it's hot leaving work for the day that when slowing down like coming to a stop light etc. the AC appears to shut off, the air still flows but you can feel that it gets warmer (not hot) and gets humid/musty smelling.   Very similar to what it does when it would auto-off at a stop light, except the vehicle is still running.  It also seems to stop doing it after driving for awhile and when just driving say on the highway I haven't noticed it happening.   The problem is it doesn't do it all of the time, I had my dealer look at it, but they just said they could not replicate the issue.   

My 20' AT4 definitely didn't do this and overall I think it blew colder air. 

Just curious if anyone else has noticed similar and gotten anywhere with a dealer on it?  

Thanks

My suggestion is to make an appointment with one of the more knowledgeable service advisors or even the service manager and have them ride with you so you can show them the problem.  If it takes 20 - 30 minutes before it happens, then the person you take along with you can experience it and let the technicians know what is happening.

I had to do that for a problem that the techs said they could not duplicate.  Service adviser I took along for the ride experienced the thumping I was feeling and told the techs there was definitely a problem.  Turns out it was a bad tire that was just out of spec.  New tire installed and the problem vanished.

Yeah it will probably just have to wait till it gets worse, or the AC fails. It's too intermittent unfortunately at this point to guarantee I can duplicate it with a ride along.  It might only happen every 3-5 times I drive the truck, and even then only when the truck is first restarted cold initially when it's first being driven for say the first 10-15 minutes of city driving, won't ever do it on the highway.

On 7/10/2022 at 8:04 AM, todd308 said:

I've noticed that sometimes driving my 21' AT4 6.2 that especially if it's hot leaving work for the day that when slowing down like coming to a stop light etc. the AC appears to shut off, the air still flows but you can feel that it gets warmer (not hot) and gets humid/musty smelling.   Very similar to what it does when it would auto-off at a stop light, except the vehicle is still running.  It also seems to stop doing it after driving for awhile and when just driving say on the highway I haven't noticed it happening.   The problem is it doesn't do it all of the time, I had my dealer look at it, but they just said they could not replicate the issue.   

My 20' AT4 definitely didn't do this and overall I think it blew colder air. 

Just curious if anyone else has noticed similar and gotten anywhere with a dealer on it?  

Thanks

This is certainly not what we like to hear, todd308.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 21' AT4 6.2. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: todd308/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

I have the same setup and the truck sometimes does the same thing. You’ll be driving along and notice the AC gets warm all of a sudden. It usually only last a few moments and then the AC will come back cold.

Edited by Shall36