Parking brake warning light and flashing check engine light

Very similar to another poster 2 years ago.  Parking brake light comes on solid, check engine light flashes and adaptive cruise disabled.  30 seconds later all warning indications go away and transmission downshifts are really hard.  17,875 miles.

Thoughts?

12 hours ago, calgator73 said:

Very similar to another poster 2 years ago.  Parking brake light comes on solid, check engine light flashes and adaptive cruise disabled.  30 seconds later all warning indications go away and transmission downshifts are really hard.  17,875 miles.

Thoughts?

This is certainly not what we like to hear, calgator73.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Sierra AT4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: calgator73/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

Follow-up.  Dropped at dealer after loud whining that varied with RPM started coming from under truck.  Service writers even turned their head to see.  Guess we'll see if it's a CND and operating "normally".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So just read this post and same thing happened to me yesterday in my 2020 Silverado 3500 diesel while towing the boat and coming back from a trip to the keys.  STRANGEST THING HAPPENS NEXT!! My brother in law who has identical truck as mine following right behind me has the exact same thing happen to his truck at the exact same time as mine. We both pulled over thinking GM just sent a signal to disable our trucks.  After a couple of starts on and off it cleared and never did it again. Parking brake error, check engine light, turned off cruise and tow mode, reduced power and traction control light came on. How could this happen to two trucks at the same time unless it was sent over the air???

20 hours ago, ssowie said:

So just read this post and same thing happened to me yesterday in my 2020 Silverado 3500 diesel while towing the boat and coming back from a trip to the keys.  STRANGEST THING HAPPENS NEXT!! My brother in law who has identical truck as mine following right behind me has the exact same thing happen to his truck at the exact same time as mine. We both pulled over thinking GM just sent a signal to disable our trucks.  After a couple of starts on and off it cleared and never did it again. Parking brake error, check engine light, turned off cruise and tow mode, reduced power and traction control light came on. How could this happen to two trucks at the same time unless it was sent over the air???

Man about 2 weeks ago, this same thing happened to me!!! 2020 Silverado 1500 LTZ. I had to unplug ECM and reset it otherwise the truck wouldn't even start. 

On 8/21/2022 at 9:02 PM, ssowie said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, ssowie.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Silverado 3500. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: ssowie/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

On 8/22/2022 at 5:56 PM, jules lemaire said:

Man about 2 weeks ago, this same thing happened to me!!! 2020 Silverado 1500 LTZ. I had to unplug ECM and reset it otherwise the truck wouldn't even start. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, jules lemaire.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Silverado 1500 LTZ. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: jules lemaire/GM Trucks in the subject line.

www.gm.com

• 8 months later...

My 2021 1500 custom 4x4 did all these same things coming home from fishing last night on the interstate. Truck started shuttering like brakes were grabbing . Then service emergency brake light came on , traction control light came on , check engine light also . The service ESC came on . Think that’s what it was called . Couldn’t drive over 40 mph and if I gave it any gas throttle it would start shuttering real bad . Finally got off interstate and pulled over . Got out and looked around vehicle and under hood didn’t see anything . Got back in truck and all the  warning lights and check engine lights were gone . Drove fine rest of way home . No more warning lights . What’s going on