2022 Silverado LT rattling noise from rear end

Posting here since a category for 2022 refreshed has not been created,at least that I know of.

2,800 miles on the clock, started hearing this rattling noise a couple of days ago, had my daughter record it while I drove, happens at 25mph+ and gets a bit louder all the way up to 60mph.Goes away at times then comes back. 

I have checked the tailgate to make sure nothing it's loose. So I have most likely eliminated it as a possible cause.

I also have the  OEM Chevrolet  drop in bed-liner installed.

Based on this video what do you think the issue could be? I would greatly appreciate your opinion.

link to video: https://imgur.com/a/QuNr8XC

2 hours ago, Nestor Romero said:

Posting here since a category for 2022 refreshed has not been created,at least that I know of.

2,800 miles on the clock, started hearing this rattling noise a couple of days ago, had my daughter record it while I drove, happens at 25mph+ and gets a bit louder all the way up to 60mph.Goes away at times then comes back. 

I have checked the tailgate to make sure nothing it's loose. So I have most likely eliminated it as a possible cause.

Based on this video what do you think the issue could be? I would greatly appreciate your opinion.

1 hour ago, Jack Thaxton said:

Install leaf spring inserts. There’s a service bulletin from GM on this.

fixed my clanking noise.

53 minutes ago, Nestor Romero said:

you mind sharing the link to the  items your purchased.

The revised inserts are in the trucks post March 17th 2020 from Silao and June 11th 2020 for Ft Wayne, so the inserts won't fix.

Have the dealer re-torque the u-bolts.  Have them pull put bulletin 21-NA-200 which is techically for 2021 model year but this is still clearly happening.  Mine does it as well 2022 refresh.  

The noise can be heard about 10 minutes into the drive, it does not make it initially.

I tried shaking the truck manually up and down, side to side and was not able to replicate the noise.

do these details make any difference?

On 7/20/2022 at 2:54 PM, Nestor Romero said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Nestor Romero.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 Chevrolet Silverado LT. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Nestor Romero/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

Solved:

I looked under the truck this morning and found out that the heat shield was almost falling off. I’m surprised that GM only holds it with retainers/washers, no nuts of any type.

Sometimes it’s more convenient to get your hands a little dirty rather than booking an appointment and wait for the dealership to find the issue and hopefully solve it quick.

It’s certainly a bittersweet experience thus far to have this happen in a $55k truck and at the same time it’s good to know GM has our back. It is what it is, I guess it could be worse if it has been a lifter 😅

I hope my experience helps someone with the same issue.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:26 AM, GMCustomerService said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Nestor Romero.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 Chevrolet Silverado LT. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Nestor Romero/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

Solved:

I looked under the truck this morning and found out that the heat shield was almost falling off. I’m surprised that GM only holds it with retainers/washers, no nuts of any type.

Sometimes it’s more convenient to get your hands a little dirty rather than booking an appointment and wait for the dealership to find the issue and hopefully solve it quick.

It’s certainly a bittersweet experience thus far to have this happen in a $55k truck and at the same time it’s good to know GM has our back. It is what it is, I guess it could be worse if it has been a lifter 😅

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 4:41 PM, Nestor Romero said:

Solved:

• 1 month later...

so the tech bulletin on my 2022 3500hd calls for a retorque,  generally hear it in the driveway at low speed,  had it to the dealer,  pic of when i got it out,  claimed they had to clean and use wheel bearing grease per tech support.

the specs are small stones and dirt now stuck to the springs, and noise has not changed at all.

spring2.jpg

spring1.jpg

• 1 year later...