Farewell, Friends!

Farewell! My Silverado is gone and now in the hands of someone else's fate now.

Long story short I got to a point where I had too many upgrades/repairs that I know needed to be done this year, rather have dumped that money into a new truck considering in 3 years I put 110,000 miles on a truck that only had 11,300 miles. I do thinks like... broken sway bar stud? No problem, lets go with Hellwig. 馃槀聽I had some equity and dumped it before it started dwindling. Couldn't pass up the deal I got for trading it in on a 3/4 ton Ram 2500.

Thanks to all of you that had discussions with me in messages, all the informative DIY posts here, and all the knowledge gleaned from everyone.

Farewell, still a soft spot in my heart for K2's, but it's time to move on.聽鉁岋笍

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

12 minutes ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

Farewell! My Silverado is gone and now in the hands of someone else's fate now.

Long story short I got to a point where I had too many upgrades/repairs that I know needed to be done this year, rather have dumped that money into a new truck considering in 3 years I put 110,000 miles on a truck that only had 11,300 miles. I do thinks like... broken sway bar stud? No problem, lets go with Hellwig. 馃槀聽I had some equity and dumped it before it started dwindling. Couldn't pass up the deal I got for trading it in on a 3/4 ton Ram 2500.

Thanks to all of you that had discussions with me in messages, all the informative DIY posts here, and all the knowledge gleaned from everyone.

Farewell, still a soft spot in my heart for K2's, but it's time to move on.聽鉁岋笍

Congrats bro!! Those are pretty nice post a pic of it at least.

Drop in and let us know how it works out. Honestly I only know a few people who own Chevys like I do. Why I鈥檓 here. I know plenty of people who have 3/4 tons Fords and Rams. And a few 1/2 tons of the same. Usually these type of websites attract enthusiast and people who have problems. Keep us posted.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pokismoki said:

ahh poor guy is gonna own a Dodge product.... been there, ain't doing that again!聽

8 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Around here, we knew a farmer had a bad year when he bought a Dodge instead of a Ford or GM truck!

Guy down the street owns a Dodge RCSB 3.6 Penstar with about 300,000 pretty trouble fee miles. Still his daily driver. Rust is going to kill it first. Having said that he is a profession driver and a pretty darn good mechanic. Biggest job I'm aware of he's done on it was replace a leaking head gasket.聽

• Like 3

I鈥檝e owned all the Big 3 in the last 5 years, and the Ram was definitely the best put together of the bunch: best transmission by far, the 5.7 blows away the 5.3, and the interior/details/design/build quality were far better than Chevy. My only issue with mine was the Ram shake inherent in the crew cabs, much like the Chevy shake in the double cabs. The dealer bought it back. But smooth highway trips down South, on 4 coil springs? Smoother than any unladen pickup is supposed to run. My family has owned many Mopar products in the past (starting with K car minivans) and currently, and they鈥檝e always been the most reliable, trouble free vehicles. Personally I think their issues are over-inflated.聽

Good luck with the truck, and post pics! If I hadn鈥檛 have bought mine for such a screaming deal, I鈥檇 be in a Ram too.聽

Edited by 16LT4
  • Like 3

I believe the big three are all pretty equal in reliability. Tundra and it鈥檚 little brother a notch above. The more trouble free are still the same as always. Toyota, Honda and recently Hyundai a notch above.聽

• Like 1