How to Restart the 2022+ Refreshed Infotainment system

Today, the infotainment screen was stuck on the GMC logo for hours. I shut the truck off and opened the door to shut off the infotainment but it kept starting up to the GMC logo, I did this few times. But I guess it takes a while for the infotainment to completely shut down. It probably goes into hibernation after the vehicle is shut off. I'm guessing this is so that it starts up quickly, unless the truck is shut off for longer period. I don't know how long that is.

So wondering if there is a way to quickly restart the infotainment system by holding down some combination of buttons.

14 hours ago, redwngr said:

Long press of the start button, without foot on brake pedal will put the truck into 'accessory' mode.

Give it a try -- it might also force the restart.

Thanks I'll try it out.

4 hours ago, z28tranz said:

You could also just disconnect the negative terminal and leave it off for a few minutes if you have the time to do so. 

that's too much work. There should be an easier way to restart the system. These refreshed models are still new so there's not a lot of documentation on these, but I'm guessing the technicians probably have a way for a quick restart of the system in their troubleshooting literature

• 2 weeks later...

Mine got stuck on the camera and when I exited the view the infotainment said device is starting... I turned it off nothing would get it out of that mode The radio wouldn't kick on..  just stuck in device is starting. I hit the button to roll down all my windows at once while the infotainment still booting.  I think this caused the issue...

I ended up reseating the F5 fuse and it reset everything.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2022 Silverado that the infotainment screen still shows me in a call after I have ended the call. and will not allow me to use the bluetooth feature unless I disconnect my phone and reconnect it. but this happens every time I make or receive a call. the deal and gm have no answer to this issue and the truck has less than 2000 miles on it. has anyone else had this issue and what did you do?

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is all fine.

Spoiler

Mine is all fine.Are you attempting to create an essay about cultural diversity but finding it difficult to get started? Before I conducted an internet search and discovered the website writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/classical-music/, which provided me with some simple essay writing advice, I was in a similar situation. Compared to the others, my article stands out.

Edited by SharonGomez

With all the issues they have with infotainment in vehicles, you'd think they would install a reboot button.  Something that would reboot the system while you're driving would be even better.  Most of the time, whatever issue I have had will go away once I shut off the vehicle and restart it (given some time), so a reboot ability would be great.

Mine was probably updating when I double punched the start button. I noticed now with the new updates it will tell me that the truck will be down for updates for a few minutes. I can’t remember if it gave me an option to by pass. I will say after the last couple updates the system has been much smoother.

Edited by Texcl2

On 10/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, GN2018 said:

With all the issues they have with infotainment in vehicles, you'd think they would install a reboot button.  Something that would reboot the system while you're driving would be even better.  Most of the time, whatever issue I have had will go away once I shut off the vehicle and restart it (given some time), so a reboot ability would be great.

Agree, a system reboot would be great but I'm not sure if the system even shuts down or reboots.  I've disconnected the battery ground for over 30 minutes and when reconnected the radio did not loose time/date, all radio settings including stations were still intact.  Shouldn't all that be cleared with the battery disconnected??

1 hour ago, RedLT said:

Agree, a system reboot would be great but I'm not sure if the system even shuts down or reboots.  I've disconnected the battery ground for over 30 minutes and when reconnected the radio did not loose time/date, all radio settings including stations were still intact.  Shouldn't all that be cleared with the battery disconnected??

If I had to guess, radio stations are stored in some sort of NVM.  And the time is probably quickly sync’d via GPS on startup. 

Edited by SilveradoRST