In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience.聽

Just bought a k3500 2000 reg cab 4x4 at auction. Gambled for a 454 but got the 350 馃槳. 聽Engine is..."lean".. but transmission feels freaking amazing.

Hobbled it home with really bad front wheel bearings but otherwise looks very clean. 聽

Happy to get back into working on these! 聽Did these forums change? It seems way more sloppy and slow on my phone and hard to navigate through the ads.

I used to frequent the gmt800 side a long time ago but sold my 2002 1500.

• 3 weeks later...

Took off the exhaust donut gaskets because they were toast. 聽Huge leak coming from there. 聽Broke off one of the manifold bolts, no biggie. 聽Took both manifolds off to replace the studs and both manifolds had cracks in the center. 聽

Not the end of the world, they looked roasted anyway. 聽Got the replacements in and hopefully gets the engine somewhat back to normal!

yeah it's pretty common for the manifolds to crack when they get old. The 1s on my 98 are scary rusted as it plowed snow since new but the trans is toasted again for the third time so looking for another truck around the same year

Well found my other engine problem. 聽Huge exhaust leak was obvious but still threw p0102 etc MAF codes.

started cleaning my grounds along the harness then followed one strand to rear engine block and this ground was disconnected. 聽Cleaned off the engine block bolt and reconnected, runs pretty good and no codes so far!

glad I replaced the exhaust anyway because I noticed heat was starting to mess with the wiring harnesses

Now on to the wheels, pretty much everything is going to have to go and dreading getting the control arm bushings replaced. 聽On my gmt800 I just bought new control arms but Im trying to save money on this one.

867E6C39-E0EF-4516-8056-BBA0CD969221.jpeg