Warning message DEF poor quality after 100 miles speed will be limited to 65 mph.

Koop

Anyone know what is causing this.  The DEF is full truck has 71,000 miles.  Already replaced a NOx sensor today that had a code showing?  Any thoughts on how to get ride of the message and solve the issue causing it?

Dealer needs to do a service bay tampering test which may or may not lead to them doing a commanded regen.  

Can't just put in a NOX sensor and clear the code(s) or put it in and expect it to go away.  

Edited by newdude

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, bshort said:

When this happened to me, I added fresh DEF and the message went away.  Since you're full, pump some out and add fresh DEF. 

OP posted this August 3 2022.  Its now August 25th 2023 as I type this.  

Also, he stated he just replaced the NOx sensor which had a code for it.  You cannot just clear those codes out.  There are tests within the ECM that have to be done to reset the diesel emissions components.  

A code for the NOx sensor wouldn't be fixed by siphoning the DEF tank and adding new DEF.  

Edited by newdude

49 minutes ago, newdude said:

OP posted this August 3 2022.  Its now August 25th 2023 as I type this.  

Also, he stated he just replaced the NOx sensor which had a code for it.  You cannot just clear those codes out.  There are tests within the ECM that have to be done to reset the diesel emissions components.  

A code for the NOx sensor wouldn't be fixed by siphoning the DEF tank and adding new DEF.  

I see.  Without the code, my issue (same as title) was resolved with fresh def.