Need to Jump out clutch position switch on '02 3500

Hello,

I have an 2002 C3500 cab and chassis dump truck that has been sitting for about 6 years.  The fuel pumps went bad and need replaced.  I need to get the bed up to allow for easier access to the top of the tanks.  I found on youtube that I can jump out the clutch pedal position switch so i can crank the engine with the PTO engaged to slowly raise the bad.  What I found is to put a jumper between the A and C position with the D and F positions on the switch plug.

Does this sound right?  I don't want to fry anything.

You MIGHT find the wiring for your truck on Light Duty Prior To 2013 - GM Upfitter , but I wouldn't count on it.  If it's not there, I would suggest a subscription to the full-service manual at a site like Do it Yourself Automobile Repair Manuals - Mitchell 1 DIY , it'll have the wiring diagrams, as well as all the diagnostic and repair procedures for getting the truck up to snuff and staying that way.

And don't run the starter too long, and wait between running it, starters die when they overheat...