2018 Yukon Denali Cruise control wont activate

I just bought a used 2018 Yukon denali and went on a trip and noticed I could not get the cruise control to come on. When I got to my destination I asked a knowledgeable mechanic what might be the cause and he said check the adaptive cruise control settings. I turned off everything I could find and the cruise light lit up . When I went to drive it later it would not come back on. Brake lights are working except the third light up top. anyone have any ideas.......much appreciated.

I had this issue years ago. On one forum they said it was the brake light switch, which is in the cruise control circuit. It was cheap enough and not too bad to get to top on brake pedal. Swapped it out and my cruise worked after that. Good luck

Thanks for the info. I looked at that first, it happened on my last Yukon but this one doesn't have the same switch at all. The 2018 has active cruise control and its waaaaaay different. The switch thats on the brake pedal also has an actuator that applies the brakes when you are near a collision.