Hello, And I Have A Question

First off, thanks for having me here, and I've been spending some time looking at old posts. Please excuse me if I'm asking a question already covered, as searches, forum peculiarities, and specific nomenclature don't always give you what you're looking for.

I ordered a Silverado 2500 LT in July. It was configured with All Star and Convenience Package 2, among other options. I also chose the snow plow/camper package. I'm used to how Ram bundles upfitter switches in their Snow Chief package and subsequent research indicated the upfitter switches weren't part of the package (I know it doesn't specifically state it, but sometimes you get stuff you didn't know about with certain packages).

Anyway, I called the dealer to amend the order and took the time to ask about the bed view camera. On the website build, exterior pictures showed it in the CHMSL. Selecting the free-flow option had a pop-up note that Convenience Package 2 would be deleted and would I like to make the change. I left it with CP2. The salesman said the bed view camera is a free-flow option, so I had him add it.

In short, does the bed view camera come with CP2 as one would think per the illustrations and the pop-up? Or is it in fact a free-flow option? I grant you the salesman has more information, but there was stuff I knew that he didn't (minor things, though). Regardless, I had it added. Now back to reading while waiting for an allocation. Thanks, all.

I can tell you that there are 2 different bed view cameras and from what I can tell, only one allows you to add the "see through" trailer option.  The description for that will include:

• Includes 2 Trailer Camera Provisions

I believe it adds an additional plug on the truck to accommodate the trailer camera that you also have to buy ($595).  If you select the camera first, it will select the correct bed view camera.  

It will also ask you to either select Convenience Package II or the Advanced Trailering Option.  If you already had Convenience Package II selected and then tried to add the Advanced Trailering Option, it will deselect the Convenience Package II.  I think (ask you dealer) that Convenience Package II already includes the items for the Advanced Trailering Option, so if you select one, it deselects the other.  That is what I was finding when I went through the builds (way too many times).

2 hours ago, Core-Lokt said:

First off, thanks for having me here, and I've been spending some time looking at old posts. Please excuse me if I'm asking a question already covered, as searches, forum peculiarities, and specific nomenclature don't always give you what you're looking for.

I ordered a Silverado 2500 LT in July. It was configured with All Star and Convenience Package 2, among other options. I also chose the snow plow/camper package. I'm used to how Ram bundles upfitter switches in their Snow Chief package and subsequent research indicated the upfitter switches weren't part of the package (I know it doesn't specifically state it, but sometimes you get stuff you didn't know about with certain packages).

Anyway, I called the dealer to amend the order and took the time to ask about the bed view camera. On the website build, exterior pictures showed it in the CHMSL. Selecting the free-flow option had a pop-up note that Convenience Package 2 would be deleted and would I like to make the change. I left it with CP2. The salesman said the bed view camera is a free-flow option, so I had him add it.

In short, does the bed view camera come with CP2 as one would think per the illustrations and the pop-up? Or is it in fact a free-flow option? I grant you the salesman has more information, but there was stuff I knew that he didn't (minor things, though). Regardless, I had it added. Now back to reading while waiting for an allocation. Thanks, all.

They can add 9L7 upfitter switches to your order if it hasn't gone through yet.  Its cheaper this way than ordering the parts afterwards.  

Bed View Camera option code UVN lets you keep Convenience 2 pkg.  It puts the bed view camera in the radio display rather than the rearview mirror.  This also lets you keep the Advance Trailering system.  Going with UVO bed view in the mirror will take you down to the IOR base radio and you lose the Advance Trailering and Conv. 2 pkg.