Aftermarket Sunroof for 2018 Chevy Colorado is it worth it?

Derek Dever

Good afternoon! The only thing missing from my 2018 Chevy Colorado is a sunroof. I have found a reputable aftermarket installation company to install. I know the cons. Has anyone added a sunroof and is it worth it? I only have a year left to pay off this truck. The other option is the 2022....would hate to have another 5 years of payments!

Thoughts? 

I had a Silverado that didn't have a sunroof, so I had a reputable aftermarket business install one.  It had some nice features that the OEM sunroof didn't have e.g. when you lock the truck, the sunroof would close automatically.  What I was not impressed by was the headliner that they installed.  They couldn't use the OEM so they put some cloth material in.  It sagged somewhat and would billow around when the windows were open while driving.  My advice would be for you to see some actual vehicles where your company installed a sunroof.  Check the quality of the installation and ask the owners if there have been any leaks.  And check the headliner to see if they reused the OEM or put in something else.  Just my thoughts.

I always try to "customize"  my vehicles to my taste, However I Always spend the Money to do it right! Nothing worse than paying for a "Cheesy" aftermarket doodad that doesn't look/work/last 3 years later when your life changes and you want something else.

Keep it stock looking/working.

Enjoy!

13 hours ago, Scotty V said:

I always try to "customize"  my vehicles to my taste, However I Always spend the Money to do it right! Nothing worse than paying for a "Cheesy" aftermarket doodad that doesn't look/work/last 3 years later when your life changes and you want something else.

Keep it stock looking/working.

Enjoy!

Agreed... silly to waste money on useless doodads, save up instead and pay cash for your next vehicle. 😉

I know of a person who had success with after market. I asked her what was the point? She said her car sits outside all day at work all day it helps cooling off the car. I said wouldn’t remote start be better? I have 3 vehicles with sun roofs, they never get opened. To me not worth it.