"Off-road suspension" & Twin-tube Rancho shocks - z71 or x31 packages

I've been driving a 2021 Sierra 1500 Denali with Denali Premium Suspension with Adaptive Ride Control. I'm looking at a 2023 2500HD Denali now, and I'm curious about the "Off-road suspension" & Twin-tube Rancho shocks in the x31 package. Will it much rougher/stiffer? I'll probably get the package for the skid plates & hill-descent, but would like to know more about the suspension specifically.

5 hours ago, Jeremy J R said:

I've been driving a 2021 Sierra 1500 Denali with Denali Premium Suspension with Adaptive Ride Control. I'm looking at a 2023 2500HD Denali now, and I'm curious about the "Off-road suspension" & Twin-tube Rancho shocks in the x31 package. Will it much rougher/stiffer? I'll probably get the package for the skid plates & hill-descent, but would like to know more about the suspension specifically.

All HD trucks will ride more rougher/stiffer than a half-ton.  It is my opinion that the difference will be even more noticeable since your half-ton has the Denali Premium Suspension with Adaptive Ride Control.

i have had 2020 with z-71 and current truck with standard shocks. i noticed 0 difference between them. 

i debated about this current truck because it does not have z-71. the only reason why i wanted z-71 was because of the hill decent control. but after thinking about it, i have used the feature a total of 0 times when it was on my other trucks. 

I knew I would be changing shocks (done), and figured I could just order skid plates (also done)

Edited by kylant

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 8:47 AM, Epsilon Plus said:

Those Ranchos are trash. Wait for the Multimatic DSSV part number from the 2024 HD ZR2 and ride in luxury.

Can you elaborate more on this. Are these the magnetic particle shocks used on the 1500 Denali's?

On 9/16/2022 at 12:01 AM, Jeremy J R said:

Yes, but not because of the shocks.  Because its a 2500hd.  LT tires, a LOT more springs underneath that when empty will ride harsh.

Edited by newdude