Levelled Trail Boss with 35's roof height?

Hi All,

I recently got rid of my 2021 Silverado to make way for my 2022 trail boss:

spacer.png

This truck was levelled with 33's and fit in my 7' underground parking no problem.

I am looking at levelling my 2022 Trail Boss and adding 35's to the oem wheels - I know it will certainly be taller than this truck but I am hoping it will squeeze in under 7'.

Can anyone with a levelled Trail Boss or AT4 with 35's or similar chime in on what to expect for a roof height?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, CGE said:

Hi All,

I recently got rid of my 2021 Silverado to make way for my 2022 trail boss:

spacer.png

This truck was levelled with 33's and fit in my 7' underground parking no problem.

I am looking at levelling my 2022 Trail Boss and adding 35's to the oem wheels - I know it will certainly be taller than this truck but I am hoping it will squeeze in under 7'.

Can anyone with a levelled Trail Boss or AT4 with 35's or similar chime in on what to expect for a roof height?

Thanks!

Could do a little math and get very close to what you would see. 

The standard TB is 78.35" tall or 6'5" on a 32 inch tire. Going to "35's" you gain 1.5" of height right there at 6'6.5". From there even if you did an entire say 2 inch level front and back that would lift it all 2" you would still be at 6'8.5" so over 3" to spare. Should be just fine...

On a second note are you getting the LT with LED headlights this time or getting the custom with the reflector housings and doing what looks like LED's or HID's in your stock housings again? Going the latter route just blinds everyone.  

Tyler

I have a custom 2.7L with a 4" ready lift sst lift which has a 3" rear block and I sit higher than trail boss stock by 1" on the back and about 2" on the front, the 2.7L is a lightweight motor so I get all of 4" lift up front, I also added airbags to the rear which give me some slight rake back and a bit taller so 3.5" on the rear and 1.5" taller on the rear over a TB. I still fit in my 7' garage but the factory antenna hits and drags pretty hard going under the 7' frame of garage. I shortened the antenna by 6 3/8" and it appears about 1" taller than the satellite/onstar antenna and now I don't hit with the antenna so I'm under just under 7' with a bit of clearance to spare.

I should be nearly identical in height to what you're going to do even though I'm on 33's as your 35's will only add 1" to the factory 2" lift then whatever level you plan. 1.5" level would put you half inch higher than me at the front and should work.

Actual 33's measure a little over 32" and it's same for 35's, measure a little over 34" and so you're only adding 1" with tires. You will fit but your antenna is going to clip anything that's 7' pretty good unless you shorten it about 6". Just don't get carried away with front level. The 4" lift on my truck with 3" rear block it came with put all 4 fenders same height off ground so I had no rake left to deal with loads/trailer and these trucks don't look right once the fender gap is smaller in the rear so imo 1" front level is where to be, if they make it. If you don't actually use your truck as a truck then go 1.5" but 2" would sit nose high and look very southern usa. 😉

Which appears you don't mind that look as your last one was doing a wheelie lol. Anyhow, that should give you all the info you need to go for it. I've seen people advertise 3" front level kits as 'level kits' and I laugh my arse off...there's nothing level about it once you go past 1.5"...it's a front lift kit after that, far from level. 

Edited by 4banger

4 hours ago, 4banger said:

I have a custom 2.7L with a 4" ready lift sst lift which has a 3" rear block and I sit higher than trail boss stock by 1" on the back and about 2" on the front, the 2.7L is a lightweight motor so I get all of 4" lift up front, I also added airbags to the rear which give me some slight rake back and a bit taller so 3.5" on the rear and 1.5" taller on the rear over a TB. I still fit in my 7' garage but the factory antenna hits and drags pretty hard going under the 7' frame of garage. I shortened the antenna by 6 3/8" and it appears about 1" taller than the satellite/onstar antenna and now I don't hit with the antenna so I'm under just under 7' with a bit of clearance to spare.

I should be nearly identical in height to what you're going to do even though I'm on 33's as your 35's will only add 1" to the factory 2" lift then whatever level you plan. 1.5" level would put you half inch higher than me at the front and should work.

Actual 33's measure a little over 32" and it's same for 35's, measure a little over 34" and so you're only adding 1" with tires. You will fit but your antenna is going to clip anything that's 7' pretty good unless you shorten it about 6". Just don't get carried away with front level. The 4" lift on my truck with 3" rear block it came with put all 4 fenders same height off ground so I had no rake left to deal with loads/trailer and these trucks don't look right once the fender gap is smaller in the rear so imo 1" front level is where to be, if they make it. If you don't actually use your truck as a truck then go 1.5" but 2" would sit nose high and look very southern usa. 😉

Which appears you don't mind that look as your last one was doing a wheelie lol. Anyhow, that should give you all the info you need to go for it. I've seen people advertise 3" front level kits as 'level kits' and I laugh my arse off...there's nothing level about it once you go past 1.5"...it's a front lift kit after that, far from level. 

No your only adding 1/2" to the height of the truck for the tires. If a tire is 1" taller than the other side by side when its mounted on the truck it will only raise the truck 1/2".

Edited by Silverado4x4

On 9/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, Silverado4x4 said:

No your only adding 1/2" to the height of the truck for the tires. If a tire is 1" taller than the other side by side when its mounted on the truck it will only raise the truck 1/2".

he's going to 35's which are 2" taller than stock tires, adding 1" overall height to truck, at least my custom came with factory 33's (they measure about 32.3" and 35's I had previously measured about 34.4" from recollection, so if the TB comes with a little shorter tire it only helps his fit into the parkade, he should be about identical to my height

Edited by 4banger