Has anyone successfully ordered a High Country or Denali Ultimate with SuperCruise?

jlong1984

I've been thinking of taking the plunge and getting a refreshed truck, but if I do, I absolutely want SuperCruise. I was playing around with the '23 Sierra configurator and it lists SuperCruise as *see dealer for pricing*. That's not an encouraging sign. It has also gone from being standard on Denali Ultimate, to an option. My local GMC salesman said he'd get back to me on how much it is, and if it's still on constraint or not (I'm fairly certain it is). 

There isn't a single truck in inventory within 500 miles of my ZIP equipped with SuperCruise. 

So, has anybody placed an order on either one of these trucks, with SuperCruise, and actually had it picked up by GM?

It was available early on in 2022 production but didn’t last long before it went “unavailable to order”. There were definitely trucks that got built with it but it hasn’t been going in trucks for many months now. 

I have a 2022 Denali Ultimate with Supercruise. Mine was at the end of April and by mid May they stopped making them with Supercruise, I just made it. Its definitely worth it if you can wait. There's a big update coming this fall that doubles the amount of roads available too.

Still not available to order.

2023 Order guide entry -- today:

Sierra: (1= Denali, 2= Denali Ultimate)

UKL   Super Cruise, a hands-free driver assistance feature for use on compatible roads, includes automatic lane changing and trailering capability, 3-year subscription
1 - Not available to order at this time. Includes (UGN) Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking. Included with (RFP) Denali Reserve Super Cruise Package. Requires T*10543 model and (CWM) Technology Package. Not available with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (PEC) Denali Reserve Package.
2 - Not available to order at this time. Includes (UGN) Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking.

Silverado (1 = High country) 

UKL   Super Cruise, a hands-free driver assistance feature for use on compatible roads, includes automatic lane changing and trailering capability, 3-year subscription
1 - Not available to order at this time. Includes (UGN) Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking. Requires Crew Cab Short Bed, (CWM) Technology Package and (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine. Included with (PDT) High Country Premium II Package. Not available with (NHT) Max Trailering Package. Not available with the following ship thru's (A6T), (TW3), (VI1), (VKZ), (WEZ).
  • Like 1

That was precisely why I went back to Ford and its BlueCruise. I was able to order one with it while I could not with Chevrolet. It's amazing, I used to be a naysayer but now I'm a believer. I love it!

Edited by Wiggums

The Sierra trims that are supposed to have DQS tow mirrors available currently can't order them either.

DQS   Mirrors, outside power-adjustable vertical trailering with heated upper glass, lower convex mirrors, turn signal indicators, puddle lamps, perimeter lighting, auxiliary lighting and memory; power folding/ manual extending
1 - Not available to order at this time. Requires (PED) Sierra Safety Plus Package.
2 - Not available to order at this time.

The DPO tow mirrors are available on lower trim sierra:

DPO   Mirrors, outside power-adjustable vertical trailering with heated upper glass, lower convex mirrors, integrated turn signals, clearance lamps and auxiliary lighting; manual folding/extending
1 - Regular Cab models require (PCI) Convenience Package and (Z82) Trailering Package or (ZW9) pickup bed delete. Crew Cab or Double Cab models require (PEB) Pro Value Package or (PCI) Convenience Package and (Z82) Trailering Package and (DD8) auto-dimming inside rear view mirror.
2 - Includes (DD8) auto-dimming inside rear view mirror.

High trim Silverado 1500 can order the DQS mirrors: (ZR2, LTZ and HC)

DQS   Mirrors, outside power-adjustable vertical trailering with heated upper glass, lower convex mirrors, turn signal indicators, puddle lamps, perimeter lighting, auxiliary lighting and memory; power folding/ manual extending
1 - Includes (DP9) chrome mirror caps.

Like sierra, DPO tow mirrors are available to order on the lower trim chevs.

2023 YukonXL/Denali

UKL NEW!  Super Cruise, a hands-free driver assistance system for use on compatible roads
1 - Not available at start of production. Included and only available with (CWN) Advanced Technology Package.
2 - Beginning at start of production through October 2, 2022, vehicles will be forced to include either (00U) Not Equipped with Super Cruise and/or (02O) Not Equipped with Super Cruise, which will remove Super Cruise. Vehicles will instead include Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning. See dealer for details or the window label for the features on a specific vehicle.

2023 Escalade

UKL Super Cruise, a hands-free driver assistance system for use on compatible roads
1 - Beginning with start of production through October 2, 2022, vehicles will be forced to include either (00U) Not Equipped with Super Cruise and/or (02O) Not Equipped with Super Cruise, which will remove Super Cruise and its content. See dealer for details or the window label for the features on a specific vehicle. Always pay attention while driving and when using Super Cruise. Do not use a hand-held device. Visit cadillac.com/supercruise for compatible roads and full details.

14 hours ago, redwngr said:

2023 YukonXL/Denali

UKL NEW!  Super Cruise, a hands-free driver assistance system for use on compatible roads
1 - Not available at start of production. Included and only available with (CWN) Advanced Technology Package.
2 - Beginning at start of production through October 2, 2022, vehicles will be forced to include either (00U) Not Equipped with Super Cruise and/or (02O) Not Equipped with Super Cruise, which will remove Super Cruise. Vehicles will instead include Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning. See dealer for details or the window label for the features on a specific vehicle.

2023 Escalade

UKL Super Cruise, a hands-free driver assistance system for use on compatible roads
1 - Beginning with start of production through October 2, 2022, vehicles will be forced to include either (00U) Not Equipped with Super Cruise and/or (02O) Not Equipped with Super Cruise, which will remove Super Cruise and its content. See dealer for details or the window label for the features on a specific vehicle. Always pay attention while driving and when using Super Cruise. Do not use a hand-held device. Visit cadillac.com/supercruise for compatible roads and full details.

Dang maybe GM should have waited another year to introduce it in the trucks.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:27 AM, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

Dang maybe GM should have waited another year to introduce it in the trucks.

Maybe, but they likely just didn’t anticipate the component shortages they are seeing. Seems like this year it will be slim availability as well. 

They advertised it pretty hard on the trucks because of the ability to tow while using super cruise. I’m sure they’re not happy about not being able to sell it. 

The journalists at the gmauthority are reporting that as of Oct 3 supercruise is again available to order on suburban and tahoe.

Checking the fleet order guide confirms it as available to order on premier and high country suburburb and tahoe.

Still not available on Yukon/YukonXL

Still not available to order on sierra and silverado

Still not available to order on escalade (but you can add the console refrigerator/freezer...)

DCK   Console refrigerator, freezer mode, covered storage, large and small storage bins, dual cup holders, second row electronic climate and heated seat controls. Also includes auxiliary power outlet, USB A/C ports and 110-volt outlet

Fwiw, Order Guide gets updates weekly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2022 at 10:42 PM, Beastland said:

I have a 2022 Denali Ultimate with Supercruise. Mine was at the end of April and by mid May they stopped making them with Supercruise, I just made it. Its definitely worth it if you can wait. There's a big update coming this fall that doubles the amount of roads available too.

Where did you get this information? is this an update that will be over the air or need to go into the dealer? Reason I ask is i ordered a 22 refresh High Country in April  and got it in May with Super Cruise and I absolutely love it!!! only down fall is wished there was more roads. So happy to hear you say more roads where coming however very curious how credible your source is. 

Dealer called me 11-11-22

I was one of the canceled orders for the GMC Ultimate orders from Nov 2021 because of SuperCruise not available to all buyers in 2022. 

So the dealer indicated that they have been awarded 10 ordering slots for Ultimate with SuperCruise and one slot for 1500 Denali Premium with SuperCruise ( customer chooses the build specs )

I took the 1500 Denali Premium with SuperCruise and loaded it with all other options I could for a total of $84000. I did not like the interior color of the Ultimate so I now have a Denali ordered with Jet Black interior and Pacific Blue paint. I also wanted the carbon pro options and max towing package at 9200lbs. SA indicated likely a February or March delivery. No hurry for me since I was canceled on the Ultimate back in March I got a refresh interior SLT loaded edition, but, it is missing the ventilated seats on the retrofit waiting list. SA indicates there are parts to build new 2023 trucks, but no RetroFit options still being put out there. 

Check your local dealer for direct ordering of a package with SuperCruise, as that option is not on the consumer ordering options still the SA indicated. 

On 11/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, TylerRST said:

Where did you get this information? is this an update that will be over the air or need to go into the dealer? Reason I ask is i ordered a 22 refresh High Country in April  and got it in May with Super Cruise and I absolutely love it!!! only down fall is wished there was more roads. So happy to hear you say more roads where coming however very curious how credible your source is. 

This fall GM has announced/published that the 'map' of available roads is getting a significant increase.

Not sure where I saw it.