Valvomax oil drain void warranty

I feel like that should be the only reason for warranty refusal. I’m having a slight tick come from the engine but, I’d like to change my oil once more and see if it helps the noise any. If it does, I’ll wish I’d have bought the valve and installed it ahead of time. I think the Valvomax sits below the threads in the oil pan. There shouldn’t be an issue of gunk building up above fitting because the valve doesn’t protrude above the pan inside. Just curious. Thanks for your response!

Use the factory plug and do an oil change. How long do you wait? 15 minutes? That would be longer than the dealer. Put the plug back in. We have a local chain that claims 5 minute oil changes!

Clean the container (or fresh/new) and pull the plug again and let it drain overnight. You WILL get a half a pint or more. I have one that will give up 10 ounces more after draining 4 hours if left overnight

Point?

Don't worry about how much oil the valve will leave behind and more about how long you take to do the job. I have Valvomax valves on all five on the property. More than one on some (transmissions). 

Now I have a question. Where do questions like this come from....really come from? It's like asking if putting on yellow socks voids a warranty If Superwash car washes void a warranty. If air from an EXXON station voids a warranty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hear what you’re saying. I also understand a company not wanting to foot the bill and trying to find any reason not to do it. If you’ve been to the dealer with one of your five for warranty work, I guess there’s no issue with it. 

Warranty's are not suggestions. They are the law. Getting a vehicle serviced at a dealer is not.

My vehicles go to a dealer for two reasons only. Warranty or Recalls. Never been a issue. 

I don't use their services. I don't use their oils or filters and I service more frequently than the books.

I've had people tell me that changing oil more often than the book will void a warranty. :crackup:

Not how a warranty works. Just like any other insurance. You make a claim. They fix it. If they deny the claim they have to prove the part/fluid/service was the cause of the failure.

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

If they can not offer that proof and they still deny the claim you do what you would do if your auto insurance or health insurance made a false denial. Get a lawyer or more effective if the claim is small. Small Claims Court. If that is too much trouble to go through then nobody can help you....:dunno: They will slaughter sheepeople....

• Thanks 1

Warranty's are marketing and behavior modification tools based on tort law.  The only law involved is making a promise in writing that tort law allows the maker and owner to wiggle out of.  

In other words with trucks if you have a good relationship with the dealer who honors the OEM warranty you most likely will get the benefit of the doubt.  If you just walk off the street and demand warranty compliance without any relationship and that particular dealer isn't feeling like filing paperwork that day you could be screwed or at least delayed getting satisfaction.  

In the US very few if any dealerships are owned by the OEM and with GM now job 1 is sell and job 2 is make money fixing poor engineering that is going wrong and making you pay for it. Since the reorganization they have walked away from 1970's warranty no matter what no questions asked.  Just like gas stations are marketing places now not owned by ANY oil company.  

Job 1 for all businesses is to make money.  

Saying anything else is just fooling yourself. 

Yes, they sometimes take short-term reductions in income -- if they believe it will make them more money in the long run. 

Like all other businesses, the owners (or shareholders in a corporate setup) insist on it profit.

Yes, sometimes marketing is able to convince customers that 'we're here for you' -- but that is also just to help drive (long-term?) moneymaking potential.

Anything else is some sort of charity.

12 hours ago, IH784 said:

Lol. 3k on a lawyer for a 3k engine problem. Thanks for your advice. I’ll keep looking for someone who knows what they’re talking about. 🐑 

Says the guy whose never had a claim....:idiot:

I lost my very first claim (age 22) by allowing myself to be intimidated by OEM lawyers into not pursuing a Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act violation. I have not lost one since and it never cost me a dime. I got a new motor out of HONDA that cost me nothing...zero...zip...still have the car 150,000 miles later. It's outlasted two new ones. 

Not telling you what I think sport. Telling what I've done. 

Believe, don't believe. Has zero effect on the value of my bottom line. :dunno: Continue in ignorance if you like. 

• Thanks 1

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits product manufacturers from conditioning consumer warranties on the use of any original equipment part or service. Furthermore, a manufacturer can only deny warranty coverage if it can demonstrate that a non-original equipment part or related service caused a defect to occur in the original product. In the case of motor vehicles, new car manufacturers have ignored these conditions outlined in Magnuson-Moss and have misled consumers to believe that they must have dealer service shops install only original equipment replacement parts or fear having their new car warranty voided.

• Thanks 1

Answer is no, it will not void your warranty.  I have a Fumoto valve installed on my truck and I love it. 

The only issue you might have is a technician not smart enough to figure out what it is and decide to remove it like a typical oil drain plug.

• Haha 1

Carry the original plug a pair of coveralls and a wrench. If you throw a rod put the original back in. I use to do that with programmers before taking my vehicles in. Being I’m a repeat customer they would remind me. Hey Stan did you go back to stock? I would give them a confused look. What do you mean?! Yea, sure Stan. 😝

59 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Carry the original plug a pair of coveralls and a wrench. If you throw a rod put the original back in. I use to do that with programmers before taking my vehicles in. Being I’m a repeat customer they would remind me. Hey Stan did you go back to stock? I would give them a confused look. What do you mean?! Yea, sure Stan. 😝

They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... 😘

9 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... 😘

Well my father would say I spent enough money here you better fix it. My son big in sports likes driving sports cars. Doesn’t own a wrench.