More Problems with 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax

I have a 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax with 14,000 miles on it.  I have had the Particulate filter fail, the transmission failed (they put in a new one), and now the DEF injector failed.  All of these are high dollar items, and my truck has been down for a significant amount of time.  I am supposed to drive from Arizona to Ohio next week and am a little worried.  I am also concerned about about what happens when my warranty is over. 

Any advise?

Richard Hlem

19 hours ago, Richard Helm said:

I have a 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax with 14,000 miles on it.  I have had the Particulate filter fail, the transmission failed (they put in a new one), and now the DEF injector failed.  All of these are high dollar items, and my truck has been down for a significant amount of time.  I am supposed to drive from Arizona to Ohio next week and am a little worried.  I am also concerned about about what happens when my warranty is over. 

Any advise?

Richard Hlem

Without intending to sound like a total smartazz, trade it in on a gas truck.  Your problems will literally go away.  Wait for 2024 model year if you can as the gas engine gets a tow bump because it gains the 10 speed Allison.    

Modern diesels with all the emissions equipment can be very tempermental.  If they idle for a living, if they city drive for a living, its super hard on the DPFs and the sensors tend to run dirty and fail.  

Deleting is a possibility, but tread very carefully.  EPA is coming down HARD on consumers now even.  

They have emissions inspections every two years here in Arizona.  I got the diesel because we purchased a 38' fifth wheel.  The truck pulls it like nothing.  Almost all of the miles are towing down the freeway.  So it is not having problems for lack of getting up to temp or putting around town.

I sold my F250 with the 6.4 gas engine.  The mileage was not horrible on that truck, but I never had a lick of trouble in 135,000 miles.  My son has that truck now.