Installing my Bilstein 5100's on the rear of my truck

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 9:29 PM, Robby James said:

These turned out to be a GREAT upgrade and very quick and easy install, way better and firmer than my factory Ranchos

Is that your truck in the video?

On 10/7/2022 at 10:29 PM, Robby James said:

These turned out to be a GREAT upgrade and very quick and easy install, way better and firmer than my factory Ranchos

They are great, such an improvement when hauling my enclosed car trailer! Just did the fronts this past weekend, hardest strut change I've ever done. 2 guys, Huge pry bar and a bottle jack to get them back in, even after dropping the ball joint. But they're done now and I'm tempted to go load my car up to test out the towing feel.... But I'll probably wait till the spring. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

i put these shocks on my 2014 and was the first mod i did on my 2020. are there better shocks, yes but for the price you wont regret installing bilstien shocks over the oem shocks. took away the boaty feeling my 2020 had and the best part is you have better control in wash board type roads

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 7:13 PM, bersh said:

Late to the party but about to install the same shocks on my rig. What's the verdict now that you're 6+ months in?

Sorry for late response had some injuries, LOVE em on the rear much better than stock Ranchos better towing and empty handling and stability improved.

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2023 at 8:41 AM, silveradosid said:

i put these shocks on my 2014 and was the first mod i did on my 2020. are there better shocks, yes but for the price you wont regret installing bilstien shocks over the oem shocks. took away the boaty feeling my 2020 had and the best part is you have better control in wash board type roads

I just put the B8 5100s on my 2021 Silverado 1500 after 30,000 miles.  These should have been my first mod!  What a transformation.  Rather than experiencing highway bumps three times after you hit it, the truck just sucks these up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

These shocks are a huge upgrade. It's actually upsetting how much better my truck rides now that I have them on front and rear - these trucks with the x31/Z71 package should ride like this from the factory. The rear shocks alone make a big difference, but having the fronts as well completely transformed the truck. As it turned out, one of my front shocks was blown, and one of the rear shocks were blown. I put the rears on at about 23k, and the front at about 25k - pretty sad that the Ranchos are that crappy and shot so quickly.

Edited by bersh

Hey Robby,

I agree. The ranchos are too spongy. I took the rear blocks out of my trail boss (for level) and bought the 5100’s that fit a standard Silverado for the rear. Trail boss struts at 0 lift or drop height. Just as smooth as butter.

70500353755__2EAA6628-D654-412E-8277-7D3FD8CE5534.jpeg

70500249453__EDACE73D-4914-4CAB-91B2-E7B5397AC2A8.jpeg

70500248513__EDD5BE17-76B7-4227-BCFB-6F01D13F1464.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...