Clearance & Turn signal wiring for tow mirrors

Hello everyone.  I tried to search for this, but all I could find was info for heated and power fold options, etc.

Just curious if the 1500 mirror wire harness is pre-wired for clearance lights and/or turn signals. 

Thanks for any help.

I just swapped my reg mirrors to tow mirrors. The clearance lights and turn signals are not pre-wired unless your original mirrors had those options. There are a few places that offer wiring kits, or you could replace whole harness. I went with Boost auto parts wiring kit. took me about 30 minutes a side to wire it up.

• Like 1

Excellent.  Just curious, did your standard mirrors heated, auto dim, task lights, etc?

I'm not looking to install tow mirrors, but would like to buy a set of Aftermarket Task lights, open them up and install amber LEDs to function as running lights and/or turn signals.  

The task light to me and a neat idea but usually useless.  I would rather have a functioning turn signal, or at least make it capable of using it as a ditch light under a certain speed.

Edited by TA^Guy
typo