In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2022.5 Refresh Silverado - Lower grill surround removal

Has anybody removed the lower grill surround on the 22.5 refresh Silverado? Before I dive into taking things apart I was hoping that somebody has done it and can help me make sure I get all the clips, screws, etc off before I start prying.

I'm having the front bumper wrapped and in order to be able to get the whole bumper wrapped and up under the lower surround, I needs to come off.

I can only find a how-to on the early 2022 Silverado but not the new redesign.

Silverado Bumper.JPG

I've never done it with a refresh, but with my 2021 I removed some of the torx screws for the wheel surround so I could see which way to pull the sideburns off. The rest of the grill sections pulled straight off. No clips were damaged. It wasn't too bad at all. 

The part over the headlight probably is held in with just clips. Then the part that attaches to the fenders is likely bolted together, and you will need to open up the wheel well liner.

The grill is probably held in with 4 screws access from the engine bay, you'll have to remove the plastic liner over the radiator support, held in with push pins.

The grill is likely then just held in with clips.

From there, the rest of the bumper assembly is a mystery to me.

Based on how that lower surround butts up to the bottom of the grill, it doesn't look like I'll have to remove the grill. 

I did see three bolts on the fender that I would have to remove and assume a few on the fender liner. After that It's a mystery so I was hoping somebody had done it already. I hate pulling on parts and hoping they pop loose. 

Those clips they use give me anxiety.