What Transmission fluid to put in 2019 new body style

Automatic Transmission (6-Speed Transmission) DEXRON-VI Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Automatic Transmission (8-Speed Transmission) DEXRON-HP Automatic Transmission Fluid.
Automatic Transmission (10-Speed Transmission) DEXRON ULV Automatic Transmission Fluid.

15 hours ago, Mattuz93 said:

So my 19 has started the dreaded shudder when im going up or down slight grades. So I’m gonna change the transmission fluid and filter. What fluid and filter is recommended? Thanks 

I would contact the dealer and tell them about it as there is a TSB out on this. Even when you do a fluid change your not going to get all of it out it really needs to be flushed and the new updated fluid put in.

16 hours ago, Mattuz93 said:

So my 19 has started the dreaded shudder when im going up or down slight grades. So I’m gonna change the transmission fluid and filter. What fluid and filter is recommended? Thanks 

Mobil 1 LV ATF HP blue label is the OEM fluid.  Blue label is the most current that deals with the shudder.

If you still are in your 5yr/60k powertrain, GM will perform it under warranty.  Bulletin 19-NA-121.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

I wouldn't flush it, just change the fluid.

Normally I am with you as these changes tend to be later on in the mileage, but this isn't that old and with the old fluid that causes the shudder in there you want it all out, so I would very much do a flush. 

Tyler

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't have to do a flush to get all the fluid out, difference in wording?

Fluid will remain in TQ converter if you don't use a machine to pump it out OR run it to pump old fluid out. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mattuz93 said:

What mileage are you currently at?  Like stated above, 5yr or 60k miles it is under warranty. So have the dealer take care of it.  If out of the warranty, then you can use AMSOIL's ATL fluid.

I have it in my 2019 Silverado with the 10L80. 

Let me know if you need any help getting it.  I can get a quote delivered to your door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to step into this thread and ask... AC Delco Dexron VI is a FULL synthetic which is what the dealer uses, but you can by Castrol brand  Dexron VI that is a blend... does it hurt to mix these two?

This doesn't make sense to me that Castrol would state this is for GM vehiecals.