Slow truck, Installing lighted emblem and am I missing something

Sorry for the long title, but didnt feel like making three threads.  2022 GMC AT4 6.6 gas.  Picked in August.

1. I have complained of this truck being a dog, and it is, only quick off the launch.  Either way  added a pedal commander and the truck and made a world of a difference.  Didnt hurt MPG really, and its not a tuner for those that are worried.

2.  Installed the lighted GMC grill emblem lots of videos out there on how to do this, but found an easy way,  hardest part is getting the emblem off.  Either way you need to take the top shroud off on top of the radiator and take the hood latch off on top there is two hex bolts.  Get an oscillating tool, with a thin cutting blade.  Gently pry back the emblems and you will see the flat fingers that go into the grill, and just cut them off. Be careful doing it, but this is a 5 min job now  Honestly your going to break the emblem or something anways.  Now just plug it in.

3.  Am I missing something?  After doing the above job i noticed the truck doesnt have the front end louvers,  the little black louvers in front of the radiator that move?  Is this truck suppose to have them.  my 21 diesel did,  different motor I know.  

On 11/4/2022 at 11:37 AM, Random said:

Might check to see if you have the plow prep package (VYU), as that removes the active aero shutters.

Yeah I do, i found that after posting.  Wonder if it really does anything in terms of MPG or performance and if it can easily be added.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 8:06 AM, nards444 said:

Yeah I do, i found that after posting.  Wonder if it really does anything in terms of MPG or performance and if it can easily be added.

Not a whole lot.  They are good for 10ths of a gal.  VYU plow prep deletes them.  And they can't be added.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:17 AM, nards444 said:

Sorry for the long title, but didnt feel like making three threads.  2022 GMC AT4 6.6 gas.  Picked in August.

1. I have complained of this truck being a dog, and it is, only quick off the launch.  Either way  added a pedal commander and the truck and made a world of a difference.  Didnt hurt MPG really, and its not a tuner for those that are worried.

7300lbs truck, 401hp, 6 speed and 3.73 gears.  Its not designed to be fast.  The 10 speed will make a big difference for 2024 however.  

On 11/17/2022 at 9:06 AM, newdude said:

7300lbs truck, 401hp, 6 speed and 3.73 gears.  Its not designed to be fast.  The 10 speed will make a big difference for 2024 however.  

I get that, still a dog.  mash the pedal at 55 and takes about a mile to pass somebody.  The pedal commander makes it tolerable,  which lends me to believe its more in programming and set up than anything.  Second no reason why these motors shouldnt have 450-500hp and 500 plus torque.  Like you said I suppose the 10sp will help.