Titan Fuel Tanks Releases 43 Gallon Tank for 3.0 Duramax

They just released a larger replacement tank for the 3.0L Duramax yesterday. 43 gallons! Im gonna wait for black friday at this point but this should help a lot of people out that tow with this motor. Looks like its only for the crew cab right now but both bed sizes.

https://titanfueltanks.com/gmc-1500-3500-crew-cab-7010519

Edited by Beastland
Typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AEmedic said:

Too bad it isn't available for gas...

The Feds consider the gas tank part of the emissions system so the aftermarket can't touch it.  Use your imagination, those Titan tanks are cool and they are made in your home state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AEmedic said:

Too bad it isn't available for gas...

Not a larger tank but gives you ability to carry an additional 15 gallons safely.

https://titanfueltanks.com/products/sidekick-tank/titan-sidekick-15-gal-portable-liquid-tank-5040015

50 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

Not a larger tank but gives you ability to carry an additional 15 gallons safely.

https://titanfueltanks.com/products/sidekick-tank/titan-sidekick-15-gal-portable-liquid-tank-5040015

Could put one on each side...

Might also be solution for carrying extra fuel for a generator or boat or atv or....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gemarsh said:

I wonder if this will effect the fuel gauge like it does on the 2500/3500?

I would rather have a working gauge than a larger tank.

Apparently you didn't bother to look at the link and read the details:  They are a direct fit, there are no modifications needed. With use of the stock sending unit, the trucks analog fuel gauge will read correct and accurate with the TITAN tank.

• Like 2

I did read the full web page. Just like the hd truck fuel tanks they offer. On the hd fuel tank page, they thought the trucks computer would compensate. But the truck does not. 

If you would have looked at their tanks for the hd's, you'd see they added a Note at the bottom of the page, to the fuel gauge reading empty all the time and to use a separate fuel gauge. 

What makes you think the 1500's computer will be any different, once these tanks are out in the wild? Would be great if the 1500 computer will compensate, I would be installing one. But I'm not going to be a beta tester.

2 hours ago, gemarsh said:

I did read the full web page. Just like the hd truck fuel tanks they offer. On the hd fuel tank page, they thought the trucks computer would compensate. But the truck does not. 

If you would have looked at their tanks for the hd's, you'd see they added a Note at the bottom of the page, to the fuel gauge reading empty all the time and to use a separate fuel gauge. 

What makes you think the 1500's computer will be any different, once these tanks are out in the wild? Would be great if the 1500 computer will compensate, I would be installing one. But I'm not going to be a beta tester.

I read that and if you keep reading it says after it goes to zero it puts itself in learning mode and after 3-4 tanks with the analog gauges and up to 10 on the digital gauges in the top trims that it fixes it self and reads correctly. Everyone that has them says the fuel level works correctlyafter a while and that the distance to empty is hit or miss on getting to work. Also some people are on the new VIP Architecture in the refreshed models, there might be a chance the distance to empty works too.

Edited by Beastland
Typo

On 11/6/2022 at 11:10 PM, Beastland said:

I read that and if you keep reading it says after it goes to zero it puts itself in learning mode and after 3-4 tanks with the analog gauges and up to 10 on the digital gauges in the top trims that it fixes it self and reads correctly. Everyone that has them says the fuel level works correctlyafter a while and that the distance to empty is hit or miss on getting to work. Also some people are on the new VIP Architecture in the refreshed models, there might be a chance the distance to empty works too.

I don't know if I am reading a different page, but I screened shot what I read. There is no solution to the problem from titan, cept run a different gauge...

881230373_Screenshot_20221108_210926_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.24c60b21e3c240c0146e29976d5e1e4c.jpg

39 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

Again, that only applies to the 2500 and 3500's. They say the 1500 diesel works fine with the stock fuel pump/gauge.

I hope they are right. I will be installing one once it proves itself working with the 1500's computer, out in the wild.

Edited by gemarsh
Spelling

I rather have one $200 fill up every 25-30 days over having to fill up 2-3 times with the stock tank.

I really wonder how hard it would be to make one of these extended fuel tanks work on a gas truck. It obviously would fit already, it's just the plumbing and making the EVAP stuff connect to it and have the vents work.