Big Brake Upgrade Rim Clearance

LST3

Hey guys,

I have been looking around and somehow have NOT found a clear answer one way or the other if the 2019+ brake upgrade will fit behind the 18" Midnight Edition wheels.

These wheels;

image.png.d59a1b6e6aa22fc9c34b3cbc2ad61baa.png

Also wondering if they are going to fit behind my winter wheels, which I believe are identical wheels except silver.  Not sure how I haven't been able to find the answer for atleast these ones.  It seems like they had to come on like half of all Silverado's produced from 14-18 lol... (those black ones came on my LTZ Midnight edition, but I got the silver ones super cheap so I put them on for winter).

image.png.3e94650fda5f1a6e1d6ef399c1a0873f.png

If they don't fit, has anybody fit them by machining the bump off of those calipers?  I don't mind doing that.  And I would prefer to do that rather than run spacers.

I am going to pull the black ones off soon and try to get a solid answer myself based on the dimensions that @AlljackedupZ71 posted in this thread (thanks for those BTW);

If I could find somebody who is running them though I would feel much more confident ordering the parts (I need front rotors anyways).

Some of the 2019+ trucks still come with steel 17" rims on them as well.  I know the barrel clearance will be close, but that I am pretty confident it will work.  

The difference is the contour of the inside of the spokes.  I did some quick measurements last night.  There is 1 1/2" of clearance, which is what is needed.  I don't have a good way to measure how large of a diameter it needs to be at where it has the clearance though, aka in closer to the hub it slopes down to no clearance where it mounts (obviously).  

• 3 weeks later...

I considered upgrading to the GM Big brake kit offered on K2xx trucks. I recall you can run 18” wheels from T1XX truck /suv or a 20” wheel from K2xx truck. GM still puts a 17” steel spare tire on vehicles with big brakes from factory so if you get a flat on the front you need to move a wheel from the rear to front then put the 17” spare on the rear because it won’t clear the front big rotor / caliper. 

Stock wheels on t1xx trucks have different offset to clear the larger calipers.