Is it possible to add the flood light to the tow mirrors?

GM does odd packaging lately. I have a 22 LT including manual extending, manual fold, power adjust and heated tow mirrors but without the little spotter lights in them. Just a blank plastic block.

20221108_161305.thumb.jpg.b3311c53581216d38e1aa91dc23f420d.jpg

I found the part number 23444107 for the little flood light chingadera.

9bc3a562a61ec5392470c72b6ca2bf36.jpg.884de71c2f9b87520d2440a9c13618bb.jpg

Any chance on getting the right outer cover and installing this? Shot in the dark that the wire and plug is waiting behind that blank panel but I figured I'd ask incase someone knows.

Thanks.

Edited by Epsilon Plus

6 minutes ago, Epsilon Plus said:

GM does odd packaging lately. I have a 22 LT including manual extending, manual fold, power adjust and heated tow mirrors but without the little spotter lights in them. Just a blank plastic block.

20221108_161305.thumb.jpg.b3311c53581216d38e1aa91dc23f420d.jpg

I found the part number 23444107 for the little flood light chingadera.

9bc3a562a61ec5392470c72b6ca2bf36.jpg.884de71c2f9b87520d2440a9c13618bb.jpg

Any chance on getting the right outer cover and installing this? Shot in the dark that the wire and plug is waiting behind that blank panel but I figured I'd ask incase someone knows.

Thanks.

Let me know if you find anything out as I would be interested too. 

I wonder if I can get it to activate using a simple 12v wire to it and put it on my Aux switches.

Looks like it has a simple two prong setup for power and ground. Might have to buy one and experiment. Not a fan of looking at big plastic blocks reminding me of where stuff was supposed to be. Especially as I see lower trim WTs and Customs driving around with them on there.

0190d31c0586117764fdc2a4b9c9d7cf.jpg

On 11/9/2022 at 11:56 AM, Epsilon Plus said:

I wonder if I can get it to activate using a simple 12v wire to it and put it on my Aux switches.

Looks like it has a simple two prong setup for power and ground. Might have to buy one and experiment. Not a fan of looking at big plastic blocks reminding me of where stuff was supposed to be. Especially as I see lower trim WTs and Customs driving around with them on there.

ONly issue

might be leaving them on and driving...might be illegal in some states

the the generals turn off in gear

On 11/9/2022 at 9:56 AM, Epsilon Plus said:

Thanks for posting this. I was looking into the exact same mod. My mirrors didn't come with the lights either. I'm hoping I can find the cargo lamp output wire somewhere in the dash that I could tie into. Or perhaps tie them into the reverse lights. I don't know.

• 3 weeks later...

Not that this helps and I'm definitely going to show my age here, but I remember years ago, mostly 70, 80's and 90's most vehicles all came with the same high end wiring harness.  All you had to do was buy the fog lights or other add ons that would come from the factory, install them and the plug-in for them was right there zip tied to something close by.  These days the wiring harness' are vehicle specific.  Makes it a nightmare to add stuff that the higher end vehicles have.....Oh well, I'm sure they saved some money somewhere from doing that.  What it ultimately did though was make it a HUGE PITA to upgrade most anything.  Ah, the good ole days....lol....but I will say most of those cars and trucks sucked back then.  So at least we have better overall vehicles.  The smog devices back then were insane and choked the engines badly.  These days 3 to 500 horsepower is a cake walk.  Total trade off...but worth it in my opinion.

From videos of taking mirrors apart, it looks like there is a backing plate that the mirror glass attaches to, that screws to the overall mirror housing. This "plate" is what would be needed to add these lights and includes the angled pocket for them.

Problem is trying to source this plate. It's clearly a separate part from the mirror but digging it up through grainy part house pictures is proving difficult.

As far as wiring, I'm not concerned with OEM function as I would use the Boost Auto high output versions and just tie this into one of my Aux switches. Seems like a relatively straight forward mod if we could source the "plate" that holds the mirror glass and houses these lights.

Looks like it's going to be a PITA to find according to this thread. I saw a stamped P/N in a video removal 807303 so internally its a GM part, just not externally to the public.

Edited by Epsilon Plus