Scan gauge 3

Hi all,

So I just got my new scan gauge and put it in my truck. 

if anyone has had one, this new #3 is so much better than the previous ones. 

the things it automatically loaded upon plugging into the obd2 port was amazing. 

Just on memory based on the ones I am displaying I have trans temp, oil temp, coolant temp, cat temps(2) displayed, fuel pressure on both pumps! Horsepower, torque and peak torque, load, intake temp, voltage, and a ton more. As well as all the miles per gallon data and way more. 

You can also scan and read trouble codes and erase cel. 

it’s all touch screen and there are 3 screens and each screen can display 9 gauges at once. 

Im an information nerd and it’s cool to be able to see all of this information about your truck. The unit is plug and play. 

they also include a nice magnetic mount crust attached to the window. I put mine way down out of the way bottom corner. 

I have used these for many years and they haven’t let me down. Highly recommended. 

Edited by Pryme
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Pepper was fitted with II early on and I love it. I'll be looking for III now. Where did you source is and how much was it? 

So they only have the 3 available on their website right now, probably because it’s so new. They are 250. 

It sure is nice vs the 2. It actually names all the gauges, not just abbreviated letters. 
you have so many colors and I was able to get it to match really nice to the dash on my truck(white with red)

the 2 only displays 4 things and you need to use all those buttons. This one displays 9 with 3 pages of 9 easily accessible. 

I’ll still be messing around with mine to get it how I want it. 

also the X gauges auto scan like you’re scanning a tv for stations. Once they load, and it found like 80 things!! You can just click select all. Super simple. 

the 2 you had to literally add each line of code for the X gauges. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pryme said:

So they only have the 3 available on their website right now, probably because it’s so new. They are 250. 

It sure is nice vs the 2. It actually names all the gauges, not just abbreviated letters. 
you have so many colors and I was able to get it to match really nice to the dash on my truck(white with red)

the 2 only displays 4 things and you need to use all those buttons. This one displays 9 with 3 pages of 9 easily accessible. 

I’ll still be messing around with mine to get it how I want it. 

also the X gauges auto scan like you’re scanning a tv for stations. Once they load, and it found like 80 things!! You can just click select all. Super simple. 

the 2 you had to literally add each line of code for the X gauges. 

Maybe more than once too. Vary an extention or a single digit. Mess up and you start over. LOL. Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

So, @Pryme, still loving it? What have you learned so far? 

Hi,

yeah I love things like this. It’s still working perfectly. 

I noticed that the truck locks out 6th gear until the coolant reaches exactly 126deg so that is noticeable if you’re in very cold weather and need to get on the freeway. My last truck locked out 6th until 137deg. So very similar set ups. 

also I like the monitor the gas mileage on trips. It really breaks down the cost nicely. Trip cost, whole day cost etc. 

I also like the fuel level gauge. We all know the actual gas gauges do not go down in a linear fashion but the SG3 has a gauge with the actual % of fuel left in the tank. It appears very accurate because when you fill up full it shows 99.9-99.8% 

I never go through those fancy car washes but received a free one so it was cool to see exactly how much it costed to idle waiting for 2 other cars to wash and than my truck. It costed.22c to idle only according to the SG. 

on a long road trip both the oil and coolant temp get up around 198-201 typically not towing. Trans 151 is very typical. 
I will have to see if that changes during the humid months. 

I would recommend one. 

• Thanks 2