Inner Tailgate Can't Be Disabled on 2022 Refresh Sierra 1500 Denali

On 11/16/2022 at 8:04 PM, MrLeadFoot said:

You might want to read through this thread from the top. Two aftermarket companies already make products that do this. 

I will do that, thank you.  I just don't know why GM does not make them like this.  Actually, it makes sense, let people mangle their tailgates and it is more work and sales for the dealers.

I opened a case directly with GM for the missing tailgate lockout on my vehicle. Supposed to hear back on Monday. 

Also received confirmation from tailgatefix.com that when setup to disable main gate, their product prevents main gate from opening with tailgate button, console switch and key fob. 

Edited by MrLeadFoot

On 11/19/2022 at 9:24 AM, MrLeadFoot said:

I opened a case directly with GM for the missing tailgate lockout on my vehicle. Supposed to hear back on Monday. 

Also received confirmation from tailgatefix.com that when setup to disable main gate, their product prevents main gate from opening with tailgate button, console switch and key fob. 

My 2022 refreshed RST doesn't lock the inner tailgate and has the sticker on the tailgate that says how to do it as well. My truck is also missing the parking sensors, slated for a later retrofit (wondering if that'll ever happen). Interested to see what you hear back.

OK, just got back from dealership. It has been verified that my truck does indeed have the hardware for the inner gate lockout, but the feature does not work! GM is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. While I'm glad they are working on a fix, it's a terrible thing to be told you have a feature, but it doesn't work. If any of you, like PigPen and I, have the feature but it's not working you need to report it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.

The good news is that the bad tires my brand-new truck has (discovered when it had all of 9 total miles on it, presumably due to sitting too long at the factory holding lot), are being replaced. I was beginning to think the freeway ride on Denalis suck compared to the Trail Boss I drove when I was initially shopping.