Power steering failure & ESC service for a 2021 Chevy Silverado

My 2021 Chevy Silverado Service ESC  & Service Power Steering Drive Lights comes on and  then eventually goes off.  It comes on while driving or just parked.  One the lights comes on the steering wheel usually locks up first, then allows you to turn (but using a lot of muscles).  I almost hd several wrecks because it came on while driving and I could barely turn or steer.  I notices a recall on other Chevy, GMC, and Cadillac for the same year, but not the Silverado.  Anyone else with a Silverado had tis issue.

I have not had this issue but you need to bring this into the dealer right away. This is definitely a safety issue. When these warning lights come on there will be data saved in the ECM or other modules to help the technician to diagnose the problem. Save your receipts or paper work to document that you brought the vehicle in for diagnosis in case anything fails in the steering system and tell the Service Advisor you almost had an accident when your steering failed.

A vehicle that is giving warning lights and loosing power steering when driving, needs to go to the dealer asap. 

Failures aren't always widespread enough to warranty a 'recall' or even a service bulletin. 

It's giving warnings.

Next time it looses steering it might not come back....

8 hours ago, Carla Campbell said:

It is at the  dealer now.  I am waiting on the  diagnosis now.  i also took pictures of the lights  coming on.  I almost had an accident twice.

Ground strap behind the passenger front fender liner.  

• 3 weeks later...