Enter password WHAT THE HECK GM

Yeah so this isn't a radio Theftlock password like the battery is changed - I've never had that come up in a newer GM vehicle but I remember from the olden days of the Delco brick radios. I have a valid "Connected Services" password from when I set up a MyChevrolet account a long time ago and the prompt takes the password when I put it in, and the message clears.

But the message keeps. coming. back. Maybe once per month? And if I don't put in a password, it keeps asking even if I tap the "do not remind me" button. The password hasn't changed, and I don't know why the radio continues to ask for it. I don't use Onstar, I'm not part of any trial or Onstar subscription, and I don't use the MyChevrolet App for anything, no subscriptions, nothing.

15 hours ago, NorthskyblueT1 said:

Yeah so this isn't a radio Theftlock password like the battery is changed - I've never had that come up in a newer GM vehicle but I remember from the olden days of the Delco brick radios. I have a valid "Connected Services" password from when I set up a MyChevrolet account a long time ago and the prompt takes the password when I put it in, and the message clears.

But the message keeps. coming. back. Maybe once per month? And if I don't put in a password, it keeps asking even if I tap the "do not remind me" button. The password hasn't changed, and I don't know why the radio continues to ask for it. I don't use Onstar, I'm not part of any trial or Onstar subscription, and I don't use the MyChevrolet App for anything, no subscriptions, nothing.

Yes it wants your Onstar password. No I don't subscribe to Onstar anymore but, once I put my password in that warning goes away everytime.

7 hours ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

Yes it wants your Onstar password. No I don't subscribe to Onstar anymore but, once I put my password in that warning goes away everytime.

Yep. My problem is with the "every time". I have no idea what causes it to continually ask for the password when it's already been input. The prompt seems to pop up every few weeks. Did the truck forget?

I know what my password is, I'm inputing it correctly, it's the same password that logs me into My Chevrolet and Onstar Connected Services, I have active logins on both of those, although I am not a subscriber. I don't have wifi enabled, I don't use any other apps on the radio, never touch the Onstar buttons, so what the heck?

Something's wrong or it's really, really bad programming. Are other people continually getting this prompt, or are you all OK just to peck in your password every dang time it asks? It's stupid.

13 minutes ago, NorthskyblueT1 said:

Yep. My problem is with the "every time". I have no idea what causes it to continually ask for the password when it's already been input. The prompt seems to pop up every few weeks. Did the truck forget?

I know what my password is, I'm inputing it correctly, it's the same password that logs me into My Chevrolet and Onstar Connected Services, I have active logins on both of those, although I am not a subscriber. I don't have wifi enabled, I don't use any other apps on the radio, never touch the Onstar buttons, so what the heck?

Something's wrong or it's really, really bad programming. Are other people continually getting this prompt, or are you all OK just to peck in your password every dang time it asks? It's stupid.

out of the 3 years I've had my 20 Sierra. I'd say I've had to put the PW in 4 times. It seems to do it after the radio updates.