In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Cold Start Whining Horn Like Noise Comes and Goes? -with video/sound clip

Trying to troubleshoot an annoying Horn like noise coming from the front of the truck upon cold starts. It goes away after around 30 Minutes of driving. The sound comes and goes and almost varies in pitch up and down. But then some times will stay consistent. I haven't been able to tie it to rpms, steering, engine load, braking, or anything like that. Only possible clue is it goes away after the truck is warmed up. 

I have a good video of the truck at a cold start where you can clearly hear this noise.

Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?

Can anybody tell me how to post this video on here? -unfortunately, there videos 4K, and fairly large..

Thanks for any help guys, This noise is driving me nuts!

'22 GMC 3500 Duramax

Edited by Group_er

• Group_er changed the title to Cold Start Whining Horn Like Noise Comes and Goes? -with video/sound clip

Got the truck into the dealer yesterday, They thought the noise was coming from the alternator, after 5 minutes of it idling and making the noise the tech put his hand on the alt and said it was too hot to touch. They're going to order and install a new alternator next week. Ill keep the forum posted on the results.