Can you add Nav to a 2023 2500HD LT w/o Factory Nav?

1 hour ago, Ken Rackliff said:

Agree...car play on this OS is pretty disappointing for sure.  Didn't get any better with my '22 refreshed High Country either.  Oh well...I'll just stick with "using the force" when I drive...the wife loves that :) 

lol.  22 was the same as 21.  And has been the same for years.  Just a clunky system.  My fridge runs smoother.  

28 minutes ago, nards444 said:

lol.  22 was the same as 21.  And has been the same for years.  Just a clunky system.  My fridge runs smoother.  

I run the Android system and have never had a problem.  Not once.  Everything is smooth as silk, yes I have to plug my phone in but the USB C charges my phone up quickly while running waze on the 7" screen or sending texts or talking while hands free.  Totally seamless.  I wonder if this is more of a carplay problem then android.

On 12/22/2022 at 3:44 PM, newdude said:

Looked up that upgrade...dang, you weren't joking on the expense side lol.  I was more impressed by the directions video and in-depth install it requires!   Thank you though, if I do decide to truly upgrade, that's the route I'd likely go.  

53 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

I run the Android system and have never had a problem.  Not once.  Everything is smooth as silk, yes I have to plug my phone in but the USB C charges my phone up quickly while running waze on the 7" screen or sending texts or talking while hands free.  Totally seamless.  I wonder if this is more of a carplay problem then android.

I mean it works.  Its just annoying how it does notifications,  automaticaly does this and that.  I would just preger one seamless system.  At leas on my 22 I dont have to worry about plugging it in. 

59 minutes ago, nards444 said:

I mean it works.  Its just annoying how it does notifications,  automaticaly does this and that.  I would just preger one seamless system.  At leas on my 22 I dont have to worry about plugging it in. 

I get notifications of a text, phone call and email.  But they are easily disregarded or answered.  So I'm not sure exactly what's happening with yours that is different from mine.

My dealer told me they were doing away with factory nav and put everything to android auto or apple carplay for nav. In all realty I have found that the factory nav sucks anyway. Just my opinion.

• Like 1