How's the ordering/delivery going? Recently found out my 2022/2023/ is now going to be a 2024? and a rumor???

On 12/15/2022 at 9:45 PM, Davew277 said:

I would go to another dealer.

I ordered mine in October, it was built last week, and I'm expected to receive it in January.

I also got it out the door for $5k under MSRP ($78,000). But it's a 7.5 hour drive to the dealership from my home. The local dealers wanted to charge over MSRP. Not a chance.

I had the same issue with my Hummer reservation. I found out the dealer I reserved through intended to charge at least $10k over MSRP. I transferred my reservation to a dealer on the other side of the country that guaranteed I wouldn't pay over MSRP and would even buy me a ticket to fly to their dealership and pick it up.

Shop around.

What exactly was the configuration you ordered? This means everything is my whole situation apparently...

I know people who ordered, got theirs a year ago already, but they were all what I would call standard configs too. that's why I'm curious what you got. 

But awesome! Glad it happened! It does happen and it will for me someday. I'm cool waiting a while, but 17/18 months? that's horse sht when I'm told 3-6 months.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:50 PM, Core-Lokt said:

I gave up on even getting the substitute truck to the one I originally ordered in June (which didn't get allocation until early-September and I called out of morbid curiosity and found it's status 3000 with a target date of mid-January 2023). So today I ended up choosing an in-stock truck delivered yesterday but ordered after my June order and came in faster than the substitute still stuck in Canada that was supposed to be here two weeks ago.

Anyway, I'll pick this up on the 23rd. Not liking the black leather or the pearl white, but it was about as close as I could get to what I ordered.

image.jpg

See, that right there is the horse sht that pisses me off. My gal has found a couple trucks coming in to other dealers for retail stock, yet my dealer, with allocation, doesn't get a basically 2 model year older "RETAIL SOLD" picked up for build. This is what boggles my mind. I get the whole "limited production" thing, covid, parts suppliers. If I was to order a new tractor lets say, retail sold, I would get preference over a deal who had the same model ordered for stock. This is why we couldn't get stock in 2020/2021 

All I can figure is, they just have a different philosophy in how they divy out what little they can actually build - which no one knows the secret formula to go "Hey, you're slated for August of 2023" it would suck, but at least I would know so I have nothing to ****** about. 

• Like 1

There are so many possible reasons for the delay and no one will ever actually tell you why. 

I ordered my truck on Oct 30 2020, it was built Dec 1 2020 and I took delivery Dec 14 2020. The only delay mine had was the bedliner and it was in validation for a few days. 

When I picked up mine the truck also dropped off a truck with an Alaska edition package that had been ordered in August. 

I know Flint is running 3 shifts and has been at capacity. There are some trucks being released from validation that had been there for a while. Changeover is supposed to happen in February but some regular production saleable 24's have been built but likely not shipped yet. 

21 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

There are so many possible reasons for the delay and no one will ever actually tell you why. 

I ordered my truck on Oct 30 2020, it was built Dec 1 2020 and I took delivery Dec 14 2020. The only delay mine had was the bedliner and it was in validation for a few days. 

When I picked up mine the truck also dropped off a truck with an Alaska edition package that had been ordered in August. 

I know Flint is running 3 shifts and has been at capacity. There are some trucks being released from validation that had been there for a while. Changeover is supposed to happen in February but some regular production saleable 24's have been built but likely not shipped yet. 

I didn’t know the frames are made up in Canada. My truck was built in Flint but there is a sticker on the frame rail that says made in Canada with a barcode. 

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last few weeks I've branched out and spoken with the biggest dealers in my area and the story seems to be the same. They are more than willing to take an order, but no idea when they might pick it up.

One sales manager who I've known for years (prior customer) basically said we get what they send us and that GM is making more money than ever with this new business model of "here's what you get, take it or leave it" He said they can't even order certain vehicles in colors - they'll send you whatever color they happen to have. 

It won't always be this way but the bottom line is, the market is tanking, trade-ins are falling and that magic window of opportunity has come and gone. Interest rates climbing and an economy that can't back up it's feel good self will calm the waters, some for good, some for bad. 

End of the day, GM just being GM and sticking it to the people who make their jobs reality and piss on the dealer, piss on the customer. Sound just like the manufacturer I work for. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I got the call today! Finally a 2024 GMC slot came through. I canned the regular cab because I'm never going to get a custom build the way I want so doing a dbl cab. But the wait will be fine, getting the Allison trans and the makeover inside and out. Seeing it's past 18 months already, time doesn't mean a lot in my situation, just before I croak would be nice.

So for order times, I'll have some clue sooner than later but I don't believe a thing General Motors says. I'll believe it when they put the f'n fob in my hand.

• 2 months later...

I received an order update today that sounds promising. My truck is built and was invoiced to the dealer yesterday. 

What that exactly means is still as mysterious as the whole process over the last 19 months. 

I did receive a couple emails from GM - First one with the order "in the works" Then a email that my truck was being built on that day and finish soon. That was 2 weeks ago. 

So all down to the transportation just 90 minutes from here to Flint. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mic_ said:

you need to verify the dealer has an allocation and is willing to use it for you

else 

they are just blow you smoke

Yep, getting the allocation is the key to it all~ My dealer has been up front about all of it from the start, but it was no different for anyone else at the time. 

But things are improving. it's just the whole ordeal has sucked the fun out of it for me. I'm over it, just want my truck :D  it'll happen, never doubted that. 

I just got word that mine has a TPW of 5/15. Sooner than I actually wanted it. I ordered mine in mid February. My dealer assigned an allocation to it in late March. It got put on hold due to paint constraint a couple of weeks ago and now we have a build week in mid May thats likely going to be in Flint like I wanted. 

My 2024 has been “In-Transit” now since the middle of March.  I also ordered a 2023 last July that still has not delivered.   When the 2023 didn’t show by the time the 2024’s could be ordered, I bailed on that truck.  Sure wish GM could figure out how to ship these trucks quicker.

50 minutes ago, CRApex said:

My 2024 has been “In-Transit” now since the middle of March.  I also ordered a 2023 last July that still has not delivered.   When the 2023 didn’t show by the time the 2024’s could be ordered, I bailed on that truck.  Sure wish GM could figure out how to ship these trucks quicker.

At what point do we all start taking about all this being a bunch of BS? I mean all this “supply chain” crap and how the goal post as to why keeps changing. First it was cargo ships waiting to port, then it was chips, now it’s just general “supply chain” each thing quietly disappeared and was never reported on again. 

The whole thing seems suspect to me. 

Supply chains will continue to be affected for some time to come. The economy being shut down (especially in MI) will have a ripple affect well into the future. Its like a game of whack a mole, once you knock down one another pops up. With the just in time supply chain model it only takes one element to falter and everything comes grinding to a halt. 

Remember the old song, believe half of what you see, some or none of what you hear. GM doesnt reveal their struggles, thats not good for business. 

Edited by 64BAwagon

Judging by the ads I’m seeing in my area. We’re in the beginning of over supply. The people who paid over invoice may for the first time have to hold on to their vehicles longer. Causing a ripple effect that leads to lower prices for the people who waited. September may be interesting, then December when the deals are the best.