How's the ordering/delivery going? Recently found out my 2022/2023/ is now going to be a 2024? and a rumor???

On 4/29/2023 at 11:27 AM, KARNUT said:

Judging by the ads I’m seeing in my area. We’re in the beginning of over supply. The people who paid over invoice may for the first time have to hold on to their vehicles longer. Causing a ripple effect that leads to lower prices for the people who waited. September may be interesting, then December when the deals are the best.

Now they could pull the old switcheroo when you get there by saying it was GM employee discounting and you don't qualify or some other crap, but in searching LTs I've seen several ads for highly optioned LTs with 3,000 to 6,000 off

6 hours ago, nick112288 said:

Now they could pull the old switcheroo when you get there by saying it was GM employee discounting and you don't qualify or some other crap, but in searching LTs I've seen several ads for highly optioned LTs with 3,000 to 6,000 off

What area are you in and where are you seeing these ads? 

I checked my email just before noon and surprise! From GM, message that my truck was enroute to my dealer! So i txt my gal about the email and she said they just unloaded it. I was out the door. There's a bit to do, putting on the dealer-install stuff and pre-delivery/clean up. I'll certainly post a couple pics when she's all done. 

I'll give GM credit for this, they did a nice job on the interior. This is also a much more robust, solid feel and sound closing the door compared to my 2016. It's like comparing a 6 panel solid wood interior door compared to a hollow core luan cheapo. 

Wagon - it won't be long! When you get that message from GM they're building it, it's on. Then, you;ll get an email the day it's being built - then the one I got last week waiting for transportation. But I think the one that matters was my dealer getting invoiced a week ago tomorrow. No one wants to pay for something they can't deliver and get paid for themselves. Depending on where you are it will happen fast now.    

2024BlackJimmy3.thumb.jpg.3b02b80a21e4d03f1645b49bcee6cc9b.jpg

Edited by Leonardo Willi
  • Like 5

Not sure why your dealer would have told you they could order a 2023 unless its not a 2500HD or 3500HD. 

The HD trucks changed over in early March and no 23's have been produced since then. Unless there was a 23 unit in transit or the dealer is trading for one, your build would be for a 24. 

13 hours ago, JayBird52 said:

Ordered a 2023 Silverado High Country last week.  Wondering if it will be a 2024 instead.

Is it a HD? are they are still doing 23' Chevy's? GMC isn't, all 24's since beginning of march. Ordering for 2024 Chevy's I don't think has opened up but soon. If you ordered one did you get an order number? Did the dealer have an allocation? My dealer hasn't been able to order any chevys. Your dealer should have shared all this info with you if you have an actual order. I got the first  truck allocation my dealer was given (both Chevy and GMC) since last fall - but I'd stuck to reg cab, so I probably missed opportunities on a dbl cab. So, I finally caved when it was obvious, I'm never going to get a reg cab 8' box, so I bent over. After seeing mine the other day? glad I missed the 22's and 23's. The 24 is really nice, and I just don't get giddy over meeting an expectation. That's their job, supposed to meet it. But, once we live together I hope I still feel the same. I'm positive it will if it serves me as well as my 16. 

Having gone through such an adventure the one single best piece of advice is this - The less the dealer is willing to share about the details of an order? the bigger the pile of bullsht is potentially behind the curtain. I will admit, I did not know all the right questions to ask, and in what way. Learned a lot. 

Got some great news - had a fantastic meeting with my dealer. I took Red in for it's evaluation today, this is where sht meets fan and, all about numbers. 

So my 2016, flipped 13,700 miles today. I told my gal, Check it out, and if the numbers make sense, I'll bring her back tomorrow and she's all yours. Well, to be blunt, I felt it in my gut from the start and I was validated in my belief and trust in my dealership. SImply put, it cost me less than $4000 to own this truck 6 1/2 years. I was thinking I was going to have to write a check for something starting with a 3, and I was way off. Reluctantly here about 3 months ago, I did have a dealer give me a figure for trade sight unseen - he was $7000 less than I got today from my place who had until today, never seen it either (She doesn't get out much for socializing, she works when needed). 19 months ago they gave me a range - it was within $300 of their highest estimate back then. I couldn't be happier. It may be low miles, but it's still, almost 7 years old. 

So, tonight, is the last night with Big Red and I as a family but I have no doubt, a good home awaits. 

BigRed1.thumb.jpg.22308141d885fcd5276cec7c07af18cd.jpg

Edited by Leonardo Willi

10 hours ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Got some great news - had a fantastic meeting with my dealer. I took Red in for it's evaluation today, this is where sht meets fan and, all about numbers. 

So my 2016, flipped 13,700 miles today. I told my gal, Check it out, and if the numbers make sense, I'll bring her back tomorrow and she's all yours. Well, to be blunt, I felt it in my gut from the start and I was validated in my belief and trust in my dealership. SImply put, it cost me less than $4000 to own this truck 6 1/2 years. I was thinking I was going to have to write a check for something starting with a 3, and I was way off. Reluctantly here about 3 months ago, I did have a dealer give me a figure for trade sight unseen - he was $7000 less than I got today from my place who had until today, never seen it either (She doesn't get out much for socializing, she works when needed). 19 months ago they gave me a range - it was within $300 of their highest estimate back then. I couldn't be happier. It may be low miles, but it's still, almost 7 years old. 

So, tonight, is the last night with Big Red and I as a family but I have no doubt, a good home awaits. 

BigRed1.thumb.jpg.22308141d885fcd5276cec7c07af18cd.jpg

That’s a cream puff. Very clean. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Is it a HD? are they are still doing 23' Chevy's? GMC isn't, all 24's since beginning of march. Ordering for 2024 Chevy's I don't think has opened up but soon. If you ordered one did you get an order number? Did the dealer have an allocation? My dealer hasn't been able to order any chevys. Your dealer should have shared all this info with you if you have an actual order. I got the first  truck allocation my dealer was given (both Chevy and GMC) since last fall - but I'd stuck to reg cab, so I probably missed opportunities on a dbl cab. So, I finally caved when it was obvious, I'm never going to get a reg cab 8' box, so I bent over. After seeing mine the other day? glad I missed the 22's and 23's. The 24 is really nice, and I just don't get giddy over meeting an expectation. That's their job, supposed to meet it. But, once we live together I hope I still feel the same. I'm positive it will if it serves me as well as my 16. 

Having gone through such an adventure the one single best piece of advice is this - The less the dealer is willing to share about the details of an order? the bigger the pile of bullsht is potentially behind the curtain. I will admit, I did not know all the right questions to ask, and in what way. Learned a lot. 

Ordering for 2024 Chevy HD's has been open for months, and the trucks have been hitting lots since some time in March. 

Well the baby is in the cradle. i had fun showing it off to a couple friends today, one of my farmer bud's who's a Ford guy was asking what the sticker was, I told him what it was, he said "No, the sticker? YOu have the window sticker?" so I pulled it out of the glovebox and he couldn't believe it. he was certain it was $70k or more - I told him man, it's not, this isn't a fancy truck really! My sticker was $61800 - after GM discounts/family thing, $57900 before tax. He was quite impressed but then it's not hard to impress a Ford guy 😆

But I have to mention what is most impressive. My 2016 HD is hands down the nicest truck I've ever owned but when I got in this one, just shutting the door told me this is a completely different kind of cat. It's just solid as a rock. then the first drive on the way home? holy crap - it's so quiet, solid feeling and rides like a dream. I had the wife with me and I asked her "So compare this to the Super Duty 250 we had" she laughed and said that was like driving a dump truck and she hated it from the first time she got in it. 

This is a different kind of Chevy...or GMC ya....There's no way anyone wouldn't be impressed

black.thumb.jpg.33fb4bd59e2402ef6387d3527b9150d2.jpg1624.thumb.jpg.ec2076d87237e2425a0c9b28d6c8a04c.jpg

Edited by Leonardo Willi
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Well the baby is in the cradle. i had fun showing it off to a couple friends today, one of my farmer bud's who's a Ford guy was asking what the sticker was, I told him what it was, he said "No, the sticker? YOu have the window sticker?" so I pulled it out of the glovebox and he couldn't believe it. he was certain it was $70k or more - I told him man, it's not, this isn't a fancy truck really! My sticker was $61800 - after GM discounts/family thing, $57900 before tax. He was quite impressed but then it's not hard to impress a Ford guy 😆

But I have to mention what is most impressive. My 2016 HD is hands down the nicest truck I've ever owned but when I got in this one, just shutting the door told me this is a completely different kind of cat. It's just solid as a rock. then the first drive on the way home? holy crap - it's so quiet, solid feeling and rides like a dream. I had the wife with me and I asked her "So compare this to the Super Duty 250 we had" she laughed and said that was like driving a dump truck and she hated it from the first time she got in it. 

This is a different kind of Chevy...or GMC ya....There's no way anyone wouldn't be impressed

black.thumb.jpg.33fb4bd59e2402ef6387d3527b9150d2.jpg1624.thumb.jpg.ec2076d87237e2425a0c9b28d6c8a04c.jpg

Looks great. Although I will say there is something about those massive slab sided bumpers on your old one, those model years bumpers seem super beefy