How's the ordering/delivery going? Recently found out my 2022/2023/ is now going to be a 2024? and a rumor???

• 2 weeks later...

I got a picture of my truck. STILL sitting in the same spot for 2 weeks, hasnt moved. Apparently the span of 12 miles from this spot to the dealer is just too much of a task for the transporter. 

I thought I spotted it the other day but it turns out I had the wrong lot. The red one in the center of the pic matched as close as I could tell but apparently wasnt mine. 

20230516_181956.jpg

Edited by 64BAwagon
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pryme said:

What is Sam hill is going in here? What has happened to this country the last few years? Why was this not a thing pre 2020? 

We lost a large percentage of baby boomers in the work force..... 

4 hours ago, Pryme said:

What is Sam hill is going in here? What has happened to this country the last few years? Why was this not a thing pre 2020? 

Its actually the same as its always been. In 1988 we ordered an Olds Calais that was built in Lansing. At the time we lived about 70 minutes from the plant. It took 3 weeks to get that car delivered to the dealer. 

The transporters pay so poorly that they have always had issues with hiring. 

My Grandfather hauled Pontiacs back in the 30's 

3 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

Its actually the same as its always been. In 1988 we ordered an Olds Calais that was built in Lansing. At the time we lived about 70 minutes from the plant. It took 3 weeks to get that car delivered to the dealer. 

The transporters pay so poorly that they have always had issues with hiring. 

My Grandfather hauled Pontiacs back in the 30's 

GM should bring back olds as an old school luxury brand. Cadillac lost its way and got all sporty. 

A friend of mines dad bought an Aurora when they first came out in 95? It was green with tan leather. It was the first one in our area. I remember liking it a lot back then. 

Edited by Pryme

43 minutes ago, Pryme said:

GM should bring back olds as an old school luxury brand. Cadillac lost its way and got all sporty. 

A friend of mines dad bought an Aurora when they first came out in 95? It was green with tan leather. It was the first one in our area. I remember liking it a lot back then. 

I replaced rear drive Impala and caddie with a Genesis. G80 will be next.