The GM ITBC with Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra 3500 with factory integrated brake controller, which fails frequently.

I bought the Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller - 1 to 4 Axles - Proportional, eTrailer Part #90195. I also bought the Tekonsha Plug-In Wiring Adapter for Electric Brake Controllers, eTrailer Item # 3016.

I mounted the controller and ran blue wire through conduit from under the driver's dash to the rear of the truck where the trailer wiring splits to two plugs - one above the rear bumper and one in the truck bed.

I continued to use the factory system until it failed this morning. I assumed the hardest part is running the blue wire to the rear, which was completed a year ago so I could just plug, do a few wire splices and go.

I pulled the cover off where it is supposed to plug in. I'm uncertain where it plugs in, and there is a yellow wire already connected to where I 'think' the plug on the Plug-In Wiring Adapter is supposed to go. Can anyone tell me if I have the correct place to plug the in.

I'm attaching pictures. I'm hopeful that someone can confirm that the plug does go where the yellow wire is, and that you can tell me what the yellow wire is for and where it should go after I plug in the Plug-In Wiring Adapter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

20230102_075736.jpg

20230102_075742.jpg