2017 Silverado 4x4 chirping noise

• Gary L.S. changed the title to 2017 Silverado 4x4 chirping noise
20 hours ago, Gary L.S. said:

At idle there is a chirping noise coming from the bell housing area. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is and what is the fix for it?

My 15 does this only at an idle. If I barely press the gas it stops. I have no clue what it is. Mostly after it's warmed up and notice it when idling when in park. But will also do it if idling in drive like at a drive thru.

I have a 2017 SLT Crew 4x4 with the 6.2. I had a weird noise like that. And it would do it getting back onto the throttle while rolling even. I even had the dealer check it out. They couldn't figure anything out other than possibly a rock on top of a shield. They would've had to charge me to pull it off to check, so I said I'd just do it myself. While I was under the truck rock hunting, I saw the goofy valve behind the muffler. I had been searching forums, and it kept coming up as a source of weird noises. I chose to ignore that since mine was from the bellhousing area. I couldn't find any rocks, so I thought what the heck and found a drywall screw to screw into it temporarily to hold it open. Low and behold, the sounds went away and so did the clang during cold start during cooler weather.. I guess that was valve slamming open. Anyway, I took it and got that thing cut off.. I haven't had any weird sounds since. 

• Like 1