2024 Silverado Midnight edition REQUIRES Z71?

Their system forces certain options with various packages that don't always coincide with what you can select in the online configurator. The question now is do they have allocation for your trim and options and how long until GM accept the order. If you're lucky and the dealer has allocation, GM should pick your order up today as they do this weekly on Thursday's. Congrats on the new truck!

Edited by nocturnalmotors

Are you thinking of ZR2?  Because that's coming later.

Z71 is just the Z71 suspension option.  Rancho shocks, skid plates, hill descent control.

Midnight does require Z71.  It did on 2021-2023 as well.  Actually same as 2016-2019 trucks too, Z71 was required.  

From the 2024 Order Guide:

Midnight Edition, includes Black grille bar with "Chevy Black Bow Tie", Black grille inserts, chrome, with Z71 badge, Black skid plate, Black Silverado, trim level and tonnage badging, Black bowtie on horn pad, (DP6) Gloss Black mirror caps, Black hood vent surround, (VB5) painted front bumper, (VT5) painted rear bumper, (CGN) Chevytec spray-on bedliner and (RVS) 4" Black assist steps, LPO

4WD only. Requires Crew Cab model, (PDU) All Star Edition, (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package (PQB) Safety Package, (GBA) Black exterior color and either (H0U) or (H0Y) Jet Black interior trim. (H0Y) Jet Black leather-appointed interior trim requires (PCM) Convenience II and (CXH) Leather Package. Includes (PTW) 18" high gloss Black aluminum wheels, (QG3) LT275/70R18, mud-terrain, blackwall tires, high-intensity LED headlamps and (DWI) trailer mirrors. May upgrade only to (S9O) 20" high gloss painted wheels with (QF9) LT275/65R20 all-terrain, blackwall tires. When ordered with (QK2) Multi-Flex tailgate, will include Black tailgate bowtie.

And here's the description from the 2021-2023 order guides:

NEW!  Midnight Edition, includes Black grille bar with "CHEVROLET", Black grille inserts with Z71 badge, Black skid plate, Black Silverado, trim level and tonnage badging, Black bowtie on horn pad, (DP6) Gloss Black mirror caps, Black hood vent surround, (VB5) painted front bumper, (VT5) painted rear bumper, (PTW) 18" high gloss Black aluminum wheels, (QG3) LT275/70R18, mud-terrain, blackwall tires, (CGN) Chevytec spray-on bedliner and (RVS) 4" Black assist steps, LPO  Requires Crew Cab model, (PDU) All Star Edition, (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package, (GBA) Black exterior color and either (H0U) or (H0Y) Jet Black interior trim. (H0Y) Jet Black leather-appointed interior trim requires (PCM) Convenience II and (CXH) Leather Package.

Edited by newdude

4 hours ago, pr3dict said:

Placed an order today and the dealership is telling me that Z71 is required when choosing midnight edition. Does that sound right? I thought Z71 wasnt being released until later half of the year.

I thought the later release was ZR2 not Z71

My dealership said they can't actually place an order for me.  They said they can't even log in to the ordering system yet because they haven't even been told how many allocations they are getting.  Did your dealership confirm that they actually placed the order for you?

I called a dealership who may actually have an allocation.  They said they could log in to the ordering system and start building one, which the salesperson says means they should have an allocation available.  I sent them an email with what I want to order, and he said he'd place the order tomorrow.  We'll see!

Nope, I'm in Texas.  However, this dealer now says that they can't actually place the order but would try again next week.  It seems like these auto manufacturers are really disorganized.  I know Ford isn't any better because I've ordered through them before, too.

4 minutes ago, Isaac012 said:

Nope, I'm in Texas.  However, this dealer now says that they can't actually place the order but would try again next week.  It seems like these auto manufacturers are really disorganized.  I know Ford isn't any better because I've ordered through them before, too.

oh well, i'll try again next month, hopefully things settle down a bit and we can get a more accurate date for ordering one of these.

On 1/13/2023 at 11:52 AM, arkenzo said:

oh well, i'll try again next month, hopefully things settle down a bit and we can get a more accurate date for ordering one of these.

I told my dealer exactly what I wanted and on Thursday the 19th, he said he'd be able fo submit my 24. 

Yeah I realized I was talking about the zr2 being delayed. Whhoooops z71 Is fine.

My dealer sent me a build sheet. No pricing yet unfortunately, also they said they are the largest dealer in my state and I'm the firs to order so they should have allocation.

The only issue I have is the price being MSRP. With how messed up the economy is right now you'd think dealerships would start making deals. Also anyone have any clue how much cheaper this build will be vs a Denali ultimate? I'm thinking this build will come out to like 90 or so and a Denali ultimate will be like 105 or something. 

On 1/17/2023 at 11:07 PM, pr3dict said:

Yeah I realized I was talking about the zr2 being delayed. Whhoooops z71 Is fine.

My dealer sent me a build sheet. No pricing yet unfortunately, also they said they are the largest dealer in my state and I'm the firs to order so they should have allocation.

The only issue I have is the price being MSRP. With how messed up the economy is right now you'd think dealerships would start making deals. Also anyone have any clue how much cheaper this build will be vs a Denali ultimate? I'm thinking this build will come out to like 90 or so and a Denali ultimate will be like 105 or something. 

I would say 5-10 cheaper.  I like Denalis dont get me wrong.  But its an awful lot of money for stickers.  My AT4 going line by line is exact other then stickers and grill and was 6k cheaper then an equivalent Denali.