I would like to start a NEW catch can post for all to follow.

4 minutes ago, customboss said:

I crack a lot of people up, usually jealous husbands and bar fight opponents......YW 

your earlier comments were kind of abrasive.  Like 180 grit.  But I loved them.  I love different opinions on different subjects..but it if you horribly don't like catch cans.  Can you move on?  Perhaps your knowledge that you have will be more helpful to others.  Perhaps?

Just now, Jettech1 said:

your earlier comments were kind of abrasive.  Like 180 grit.  But I loved them.  I love different opinions on different subjects..but it if you horribly don't like catch cans.  Can you move on?  Perhaps your knowledge that you have will be more helpful to others.  Perhaps?

Jet, I don't try to be abrasive but I also have tested a lot of things and I am pretty F'd up lately as my body and mind fail and for that I apologize. VA is fixing me up but as I age and fall apart it ain't pretty.  I tested the contents of crankcase blow-by in many engine designs so I am sharing from actual lab and engine testing. After I retired from American I worked at Cummins where I was mentored in the late 70's and early 80's by Don Carver inorganic Ph.D while I was a punk USN Combat Search  USN helo crewman/swimmer.  

These catch can threads are tiresome for that reason. If its mostly fuel, which it is, burn fuel better and you don't need it. Thats my point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, customboss said:

Jet, I don't try to be abrasive but I also have tested a lot of things and I am pretty F'd up lately as my body and mind fail and for that I apologize. VA is fixing me up but as I age and fall apart it ain't pretty.  I tested the contents of crankcase blow-by in many engine designs so I am sharing from actual lab and engine testing. After I retired from American I worked at Cummins where I was mentored in the late 70's and early 80's by Don Carver inorganic Ph.D while I was a punk USN Combat Search  USN helo crewman/swimmer.  

These catch can threads are tiresome for that reason. If its mostly fuel, which it is, burn fuel better and you don't need it. Thats my point. 

Custom, what can be done to a new truck to get it to burn better?

also, sorry you are falling apart, aging sucks and I’m seeing it first hand in my own family. Hopefully you can find some relief and enjoy your retirement for a long time. 

1 minute ago, customboss said:

I appreciate your comments.  But you are wrong.  Suck it up big guy.  It's ok.  We all are wrong at some point. It's ok...take a deep breath.  I hope the VA steps up of which they probably won't....My buddy at work is fighting with the VA right now.  So stupid how our vets aren't cared for.  So stupid.  But hell yeah, lets lot a lot of migrants get free everything....GO BRANDON!!!

• Like 3

On 2/1/2023 at 10:18 AM, customboss said:

Your'e trapping fuel seasoned with some EGR's carbon and a trace of engine oil. Lower fuels dilution via clean injectors, good coils, plugs, clean air filter, best fuel you can get  and optimize  burn and watch the liquid volume DROP to nil.  

Another bandaid that is masking the cause, prefer solving for cause not mask it. Its cheaper too. 

@pryme I get tired of sharing the same things over and over again but here ya go. 

2 minutes ago, customboss said:

@pryme I get tired of sharing the same things over and over again but here ya go. 

Yeah I read that one but that would be more applicable to an older truck. None of that applies to a new truck except fuel. I personally haven’t made my mind up on catch cans. I always remember them for turbo cars but that was also before DI engines were a thing. 

Okay guys, I’m off to count sheep

7 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

I appreciate your comments.  But you are wrong.  Suck it up big guy.  It's ok.  We all are wrong at some point. It's ok...take a deep breath.  I hope the VA steps up of which they probably won't....My buddy at work is fighting with the VA right now.  So stupid how our vets aren't cared for.  So stupid.  But hell yeah, lets lot a lot of migrants get free everything....GO BRANDON!!!

I the US we are all migrants, remember that. Cheers and thanks for your service....LOL  

3 minutes ago, customboss said:

I the US we are all migrants, remember that. Cheers and thanks for your service....LOL  

I honestly did try.  I had ulcers when I was a little kid. I signed up for the 6 year program.  I did try.....and they didn't let me in.  It worked out better because I was like, I have another plan.  And that is to go to Boston and work my ass off getting my A and P Licenses so I could make a better life. 

Edited by Jettech1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pryme said:

Yeah I read that one but that would be more applicable to an older truck. None of that applies to a new truck except fuel. I personally haven’t made my mind up on catch cans. I always remember them for turbo cars but that was also before DI engines were a thing. 

Okay guys, I’m off to count sheep

How often do you change your air filter?  What is your current fuel dilution level via oil analysis measured gas chromatography because if it's above 0.5% fuel in oil volume its not optimized.  You know a weak coil from factory will not throw a MIL code? It can partially fail. That will seal your fate of fueling up your engine oil and making deposits. Rest well.

34 minutes ago, customboss said:

Trust me you were blessed by that. 

I never look for any blessings.  What I love to do is help others.  That's always been my mission in this life.  Knowledge is to be cherished and loved and shared.  That knowledge you have is a blessing.  You as well...one life...lets make it the best!!  Here's a little tid bit about when I first become a Commercial aircraft mechanic back in 87.  Those other aircraft mechanics didn't share their knowledge.  Knowledge was power...So I broke that chain and learned and taught everyone that wanted to learn.  Back then, it gave them powers.  I didn't like that at all.  Share knowledge, share opinions, develop conversation to where you can tell all of them they are assholes...lol...it's all good...

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, customboss said:

How often do you change your air filter?  What is your current fuel dilution level via oil analysis measured gas chromatography because if it's above 0.5% fuel in oil volume its not optimized.  You know a weak coil from factory will not throw a MIL code? It can partially fail. That will seal your fate of fueling up your engine oil and making deposits. Rest well.

I used to be the BITOG guy too back many years ago.  We were looking at ppm.  Comparing them to others. You know what I loved so much about that site?  Is that it gave us...us...something to talk about and compare to other oil samples sent in to Blackstone I think it was.  But it brought us all together and gave us something to talk about.  And how cool is that?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

I used to be the BITOG guy too back many years ago.  We were looking at ppm.  Comparing them to others. You know what I loved so much about that site?  Is that it gave us...us...something to talk about and compare to other oil samples sent in to Blackstone I think it was.  But it brought us all together and gave us something to talk about.  And how cool is that?  

Me too. Departed when it was allowed to become commercial. 
A&P a great thing. Respect.