Considering shipping new truck from Laura

outrag1

37 minutes ago, steve8 said:

If they'll do the $1400 for both ways and 8-10 less grab it!

Who cares your truck is on open transport? How do you think it would get to your dealer down the road if you ordered new?

I got 5k off, $870 to ship, $1200 in cc points.

Still a far cry from the 10k I think the discounts should be, but I finally caved and a hell of a lot better than msrp around here.

Agree with you.  I also have GM points approaching 2K.  I need (want) to do the trade (if reasonable) at the same dealer to cut down on the F'ing Mass tax.  I just spoke to a dealer closer to home and they're response on price was it's a different market in the mid-west.  In other words, in the Boston area, they charge what the market will bear.  

Edited by outrag1

7 hours ago, outrag1 said:

Thanks and I agree that dealers around here will start coming down to earth in the near future.  I'm seeing more and more new inventory each day, so that makes sense it will happen.  I have two identical units I could look at an hour away from me but their new pricing and trade value is roughly 8-10K more than Laura.  That's significant.  

I had a bad experience with Quirk many years ago and choose not to do business with them.  

Same here with quirk. Won’t do that again.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, steve8 said:

Better confirm that cost covers both ways. 

I had them check again and you're right.  They made a mistake and it's $1400 each way, which of course is considerable.  Thanks for mentioning Steve.  

Drove to Memphis TN for a car back in nov 2018, 2400 miles in 52 hours with a nap out there, anything over 12 hours is a bit of a hike for a quick trip.

When you drive it home will be covered in crap anyway, for the price of shipping (even 2800)save your time, fuel, miles, hotel cost ect. just look out the window when it is due to show up.  I personally enjoy driving but I'm mid 40's.  

cost will be 5-600 fuel 200 hotel and call it 100 food expenses so your looking at 1k to do trip yourself. so for spending 1800 to have them do still is worth it or find someone to do the trip for you.

Edited by Kevin0311
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin0311 said:

Drove to Memphis TN for a car back in nov 2018, 2400 miles in 52 hours with a nap out there, anything over 12 hours is a bit of a hike for a quick trip.

When you drive it home will be covered in crap anyway, for the price of shipping save your time, fuel, miles, hotel cost ect. just look out the window when it is due to show up.  I personally enjoy driving but I'm mid 40's.  

I can relate and I'm turning 60 in a couple weeks, so much harder than years ago.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jaslon said:

Check out Jim Butler also. They are a little bit cheaper than Laura's also.

I looked and they only had 2 High Countrys. Over 150 of everything else.

Discounts are better though.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Narvainy said:

It's been a year since you were weighing the option of shipping your new truck from Laura Chevrolet in MO to MA, and I'm curious to know how everything turned out for you. Deciding on such a significant purchase and navigating the shipping process can be quite the adventure.

I ended up buying in MA about 8 months later.  I got the same spec'd out truck as the 23 but it's a 24 and got it last August.  I drove about 3 hours to get it so up and back same day.  Trade was really good and new car price was decent for the time period.  Right now the incentives are even better from GM.  

Laura definitely has some good prices, but for my specific case, given my age and other things, it wasn't in the cards for me to fly there and drive home.  I did want to trade if possible because of the steep MA tax.  The round trip shipping costs were approaching $3000 if I remember correctly and it may or may not go smooth based on some of the reviews I read.  In the end I just didn't want to deal with some of the variables but I'm sure others have done it successfully.  Good luck on your venture.

5k off on these msrp's is a joke unless this is a low end or w/t model imo, especially from a high volume dealer like Laurel. Not a good price as these trucks are a dime a dozen currently and stacked 40+ deep on most dealer lots right now. We are transitioning to a buyers market now, dealers no longer have any leverage unless you hand it over to them.