Holy extra lumbar support Batman......'02 Silverado with Bench Seat Questions

Just drove my new to me '02 Silverado into work this morning. First time I've driven it more than a few miles. Commute in is ~35miles one way. 

These are quite possibly the worst seats I've ever sat in. The lumbar support is absurdly strong and in the wrong position. It's a base model truck with a split bench seat. I can't find any adjustments on the seat other than recline and front/back slide. No knobs, no levers, nothing else. I'm assuming these are non-adjustable seats (in terms of lumbar), but surely they didn't come from the factory with this shape. It's absurdly over supported in this area, and honestly, I feel a little chaffed from where the seat contacts my back. 

Am I missing something? Anyone have a picture or some advice? Am I just stuck with it? If I can't adjust this, there's a good chance this truck won't live with me very long.

While I am not a GM engineer I'm pretty sure the floor pan for that truck is the same for all models of Silverado built that year so you could upgrade your seats at the local bone yard to seats from a better trim level OR you can buy Ricarro or some other exotic brand seats.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:50 AM, dna9656 said:

While I am not a GM engineer I'm pretty sure the floor pan for that truck is the same for all models of Silverado built that year so you could upgrade your seats at the local bone yard to seats from a better trim level OR you can buy Ricarro or some other exotic brand seats.

I think that's the path I'm going to have to take here. Found some buckets from an SLT that look nice for not a ton of cash.

Put about 150miles on the truck in 2 days time and I've never been more uncomfortable in a seat before. These are just SOOOO bad.  I've had GM trucks/SUV's for years and never had this before, so I didn't even consider it when I agreed to buy the truck. I've had all the trucks below (not in that order), and a couple GM cars along the way. These are hands down the worst seats I've sat in.

'92 Typhoon

'99 S10 Xtreme

'03 Yukon SLT

'04 S10 ZR5

'06 Trailblazer SS

'10 Traverse LT

'15 Sierra SLT