Transmission oil cooler line assembly 2014 sierra

I’m sure there’s many posts regarding leaking tranny cooler lines . I simply want to replace mine. However I cannot find the exact lines I have anywhere . Every parts store has 624-205 as a dorman replacement set. It would appear this is made for a model of transmission without the thermostat block. My model has the thermostat block, and has the push in lines with the clips on the fittings verses some where the line assembly bolts on to the block the same way the block bolts to the transmission. I see most part stores also have an alternative and unavailable ac Delco part…with the thermostat block attached . This is not the push in style block like I have however , it would at least work on my truck being the block mounts up the same way . Every part store has told me , they will have to follow up with me to see it it can be ordered , as they are listed unavailable in most places . As to why this dorman replacement is everywhere you look I don’t know. I don’t know of any 2014-18 6l80s that do not have the block and every store says it will fit. The assembly isn’t even oriented the same way as the oem , mind you it is pretty close in some ways. I’m stumped ….. I just want to replace this part…. I don’t see it in any store or anywhere on the net ……

1 hour ago, dzsmith said:

I’m sure there’s many posts regarding leaking tranny cooler lines . I simply want to replace mine. However I cannot find the exact lines I have anywhere . Every parts store has 624-205 as a dorman replacement set. It would appear this is made for a model of transmission without the thermostat block. My model has the thermostat block, and has the push in lines with the clips on the fittings verses some where the line assembly bolts on to the block the same way the block bolts to the transmission. I see most part stores also have an alternative and unavailable ac Delco part…with the thermostat block attached . This is not the push in style block like I have however , it would at least work on my truck being the block mounts up the same way . Every part store has told me , they will have to follow up with me to see it it can be ordered , as they are listed unavailable in most places . As to why this dorman replacement is everywhere you look I don’t know. I don’t know of any 2014-18 6l80s that do not have the block and every store says it will fit. The assembly isn’t even oriented the same way as the oem , mind you it is pretty close in some ways. I’m stumped ….. I just want to replace this part…. I don’t see it in any store or anywhere on the net ……

Just get it from the dealer thats what my brother-in-law had to do when he replaced his. Cooling | Transmission | GM Parts

I will assume that your line is leaking at the factory crimps clamp onto the 'rubber' hose....One possible fix is to cut off the metal crimp & install a new clamp or even (2) of them. It won't be factory, but a type of hack, so to speak.

These transmission line will ALL leak, even my BMW's automatic transmission line leak. The rubber hose kind of hardens & take a set & you can't increase the crip fitting on factory crimp. Or maybe better yet is to get that crimping tool from Products – Clamptite Tools   or the more conventional screw type clamps.

Here's a repair hose clamp DIYer.

• Like 1

I have considered what Yal mentioned with cutting the crimps and using hose clamps with a new hose . I found my problem though. Dorman’s part number that I mentioned is not for 2014 sierras with a thermostat block. Dormans part number 624-437 is not supposed to be for a 2014 Sierra according to any part store I looked at…. But guess what …. That’s exactly what I had . And it could only be found by searching for a 2018 … not 14,15,16, or 17. Very weird . Anyway I returned the part for a one for one swap. And it appears to be correct . I was totally prepared to cut it and clamp if I had to. But this is more than just an around the house vehicle . Take a look at the attachment for part number 624-437

Hose.pdf

• 1 month later...

I’m wondering if replacing the lines with aftermarket that seem to be built better such as “Lines to go” found here :  https://www.linestogo.com/products.php?product=TCL%2d171%2dSS-Installation-Instructions&showHidden=true

it appears from my research on the internet that these GM lines will always fail at the crimp due to the design.

Has anyone used the Line to go product?  My 2015 truck I can see it’s leaking already and I have 63000 km.  I’ve ordered the lower temp thermostat and gasket.  I’m thinking of just replacing the lines at the same time.  If I use GM oem lines I’m guessing  they will just leak again.  

Apparently the oil lines will leak to eventually but I have to research that as well.

Next I’m thinking of the Sonnax Torque Converter and whatever else I need from Sonnax , then catch can, air conditioner modifications before it blows.   🙄