Brakes Seem to Go Into ABS When Descending a Hill at Slow Speeds

• 2 weeks later...

Print out and took the TSB to the dealer this morning when I was having to take my truck in for something else (they're trying to figure out why the SEL is on and throwing P219A and/or P050D code; replaced a bank of injectors at almost $1,500 two weeks ago and the SEL came back on after I was on the way home from the shop and was 1/2 mile from my house but anyway...).  Service guy said "oh yeah I'm familiar with that, I'll look it up on the system as it should show under your truck if it's applicable" so hopefully that gets done. I'm experiencing the symptoms detailed in the TSB as well as what I mentioned in this thread so... 

Edited by 03msc
  • Sad 1

UPDATE:  Picked my truck up today (after they did some tests to determine another issue) and they said they went ahead and completed the TSB for the brakes/vacuum pump thing since they had the parts on hand.  I can tell that the pedal is consistent now whereas previously you could tell a difference (perhaps I was just paying more attention recently but still...) so I am hoping that it does in fact resolve the issue.  So, thanks for sharing the TSB link...at least I got that taken care of at no cost.  

Now to take my truck back to them in a couple of weeks for them to do the other bank of injectors...and write another big check for that.  *sigh*

Edited by 03msc
  • Like 2