What should I do to solve the issues of the 2014 Sierra?

16 hours ago, Bradmodsierra said:

It’s the worst year for the 2014 Sierra

I beg to differ 2023 is the best year for the 2014 Sierra. Because all the problematic issues have solutions to update or upgrade what's wrong. As for how you solve the issues without replacing the truck, what you need to do is spend the money and repair or replace what's broken. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Homewrecker007 said:

I beg to differ 2023 is the best year for the 2014 Sierra. Because all the problematic issues have solutions to update or upgrade what's wrong. As for how you solve the issues without replacing the truck, what you need to do is spend the money and repair or replace what's broken. 

To add to this, the truck is now nine years old and probably most of those things were already taken care by the previous owners and when under warranty.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2023 at 7:05 AM, Bradmodsierra said:

It’s the worst year for the 2014 Sierra, how do I solve these issues without replacing my truck? What should I do? 

And another AMAZING first post! Yeah!!!

• Like 1

Generally speaking when buying an older higher mileage vehicle it always good to check what maintenance has been done. When I bought my 02 avalanche all the higher mileage maintenance was done. It even had new tires. In contrast when I switched my CRV for my daughters Odyssey it needed most of its maintenance. My avalanche cost me about 400$ additional maintenance over 3 years. I’m approaching 2K already with 4 weeks of ownership. With brakes and tires around the corner. 

Issues somewhat overstated. But big few would be, I guess, AFM, and trans stuff.

Can half fix both with a tune to disable AFM and keep the torque converter from trying to lockup up before 5th and 6th.

For actual fixes, update/bypass the transcooler thermostat and replace lifters/ valley pan/ cam. The AFM delete opens up a lot of while your in there kind of stuff, that would end up costing me somewhere between 2 and 10grand+ (if already doing valvetrain work, may as well go ahead and buy that 3l whipple is how my brain tend to flow), but actual parts needed are probably 3-500 bucks if you shop right if you diy.