Update on order to build date for 24' Sierra 2500

This epic 19 month journey appears to be coming to a speedy ending! well, months or years is speedy for anything GM in my experience.

I received an order confirmation on Mar 8th from GM and my awesome lady rep called yesterday and we have a build date, week of April 10th. She said it finishes basically on the same day it starts. And of course, the delivery mystery then begins but I'm one of the lucky ones that it's being built in Flint because Ft Wayne is shut down (parts supply) and she told me Canada and Mexico can't get rail cars to ship enough and lots are full. You don't suppose they'll park em in a hay field next to the plant so the mice can total them again do ya? Nah, pretty sure their insurer said next time you own em all. 

Oh, and if you're in the market, despite what the "internetz" may say, you have a choice of 3 colors - black, white or silver. Obviously it will change at some point, but that's the deal for now on all HD's

Anyone with any wisdom or crystal ball how it's flowing out of Flint please share! FWIW I can drive to Flint in 90 minutes but my offer to go pick it up would probably be denied 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer is 12 miles North of Flint assembly and I am going to pay $1850 for delivery, I am the poster child for wanting to be able to pick it up myself, add to that I am trying to leverage a tour so I can see it go down the line. 

15 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

My dealer is 12 miles North of Flint assembly and I am going to pay $1850 for delivery, I am the poster child for wanting to be able to pick it up myself, add to that I am trying to leverage a tour so I can see it go down the line. 

No way around it, all vehicles must pay the transportation charge. Union negotiated contract, no vehicles are exempt and have to go through a dealer for delivery to the customer.    

Chevrolet has option for the Corvette called museum delivery and besides the extra cost option and the plant right across the street,  the vehicle is delivered to the  local dealer and you cannot avoid the shipping costs.