2023 Silverado HUD and Dash stop showing speed limit

Purchase a 2023 Chevrolet Silverado, it came with the HUD (Heads Up Display) at first I thought I would not like it, but it grew on me. It shows the speed limit of the road where I am driving, after a couple of months it stopped showing, only see a white box with nothing in it. Searches online show it might be due due not having WiFi system activated and paid for. I used my cell phone for maps with Apple connection, no need to pay for another monthly fee. Anyone know a work around on this or having the same issue?

23 minutes ago, Rinconmike said:

Hi just got a new 2023 Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate and have the subscription and more often than not the speed limit is not shown.  It was better on my 2018 Yukon which showed it near all the time.

Mine is only blank for the first couple of minutes of driving. After that it's always showing but occasionally wrong. 

• 4 months later...

Yep just sat at the dealership for 3 hours only to find out that you have to have an On Star data plan which is own by you guessed it GM in order for it to work now it will just initiate you and make you think about it every day the next time you go to purchase their highest priced vehicles. I am sure their thought process is anyone that can afford  this type of vehicle won't  mind paying $20+ more a month just so they don't have to be annoyed every time they drive.

I say we revolt and find someone that respects us and our intelligence.

Have a GREAT  day and enjoy your HUD speedometer!

4 hours ago, Troy Kannegieter said:

Yep just sat at the dealership for 3 hours only to find out that you have to have an On Star data plan which is own by you guessed it GM in order for it to work now it will just initiate you and make you think about it every day the next time you go to purchase their highest priced vehicles. I am sure their thought process is anyone that can afford  this type of vehicle won't  mind paying $20+ more a month just so they don't have to be annoyed every time they drive.

I say we revolt and find someone that respects us and our intelligence.

Have a GREAT  day and enjoy your HUD speedometer!

Just turn off the HUD speed-limit display in the HUD options......you don't need to look at a blank sign. 

You can also turn it off on the dash display.....

Then use Waze in AA or CP and you have the speed limit display for free....

17 minutes ago, Tom73 said:

Mine did the same thing. Dealer replaced the nav SD card (under warranty) and all is well. 

Worked that way on the pre-refresh trucks, but the 'refreshed' trucks have to have a plan set-up to get the speed limit to display.