2022 high country a/c issues

Hey guys, have a question before I just get rid of the truck. I have a 22 high country with the 3.0 diesel. Love the truck and the great mileage I get but have had an a/c issue since I got it. When driving, has happened about ten times, the a/c will quit blowing out of the vents and sound like a jet plane blowing behind the radio but not coming out any vents. It has been to the dealer too many times, been left three times, and no one can fix it. I was told can’t replicate the problem, next time it was all frozen up and was asked if I had put any Freon in it. That time they evacuated and recharged. The third time they called Chevrolet and was told to change a temp sensor that controls the a/c as it was froze up again. It happened again the other day and the dealer has been in contact with Chevrolets techs and now am not hearing a thing from them. It should have been in the shop a total of 6 times but I didn’t want to leave it when they had zero ideas of what is causing it to happen. Ready to trade it back in but hate to as, at 59, this is the first really fancy truck I have ever owned, always bought a regular or used truck. Any help would be appreciated 

On 5/9/2023 at 8:30 PM, Kevin lambright said:

Hey guys, have a question before I just get rid of the truck. I have a 22 high country with the 3.0 diesel. Love the truck and the great mileage I get but have had an a/c issue since I got it. When driving, has happened about ten times, the a/c will quit blowing out of the vents and sound like a jet plane blowing behind the radio but not coming out any vents. It has been to the dealer too many times, been left three times, and no one can fix it. I was told can’t replicate the problem, next time it was all frozen up and was asked if I had put any Freon in it. That time they evacuated and recharged. The third time they called Chevrolet and was told to change a temp sensor that controls the a/c as it was froze up again. It happened again the other day and the dealer has been in contact with Chevrolets techs and now am not hearing a thing from them. It should have been in the shop a total of 6 times but I didn’t want to leave it when they had zero ideas of what is causing it to happen. Ready to trade it back in but hate to as, at 59, this is the first really fancy truck I have ever owned, always bought a regular or used truck. Any help would be appreciated 

Call GM customer service line directly, ask to open up a customer report/complaint. Explain what has happened, see what they say. Perhaps you can negotiate a buyback directly through GM BUT you will need to give them the opportunity to rectify the issue. While that is happening, start looking into lemon laws in your state and see what your options are. I am assuming you don't want to take the hit that trading in can do.

One thing that will be important is that you keep all documentation from the dealer and also start documenting every time something happens. Keep a little notepad in the truck specifically for when you come across technical issues, write the data and time along with the symptoms experienced.

Edited by jaxcam02
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 8:30 PM, Kevin lambright said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Kevin lambright.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 Chevrolet Silverado High Country. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Kevin lambright/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com