Here's a great video with the new 10 speed behind the gasser towing a 15k fifth wheel. I'm impressed!

Most notable difference between the GM and Ford is the very hot ford trans temps  of 230deg. 172 for the Chevrolet. 

ppl saying oh the ford is designed to run hot blah blah. Why? Why is it designed to run that hot? I’ll stick with the Cooler temps. 

that guy sure let it rip and hang at 5k rpm’s. I’m of the mindset I would let off and get up the hill a few seconds slower at a lot less rpm. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DuckBoi said:

Great trans temp on the chevy.  Anyone else notice how the temp gauge for the engine doesnt look like it was getting to 210 degrees?  Wonder if its not supposed to and if my trucks been overheating from other problems. 

Most people have said that the needle is off on the earlier trucks and according to scan gauge they are running right at 190, not the 210 plus that it is showing. 

11 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

Most people have said that the needle is off on the earlier trucks and according to scan gauge they are running right at 190, not the 210 plus that it is showing. 

Thats good to know!  So the gauge works correctly but real life temps are ~190 or so? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jettech1 said:

From what others have said yes.

Would be nice to have a correctly functioning gauge.  Makes me wonder if it will even tell you correctly if the engines overheating or not since it sounds like its a dummy gauge. 

19 minutes ago, DuckBoi said:

Would be nice to have a correctly functioning gauge.  Makes me wonder if it will even tell you correctly if the engines overheating or not since it sounds like its a dummy gauge. 

There's been a couple of threads on this in the past.  When I get a few minutes I'll see what I can find for you.

1 hour ago, DuckBoi said:

Here ya go

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/261560-2022-silverado-2500-gasser-operating-temp/#comment-2610244

Edited by Jettech1

7 hours ago, DuckBoi said:

Thats good to know!  So the gauge works correctly but real life temps are ~190 or so? 

Okay, so you’re talking about two different things. 

the gauge you see on the dash with the needle sitting at 210 is water temp i.e. coolant temp. That sits at 198-201 typically on a scan gauge. 

The trans temp can be found in the little info screen that also shows oil and brake life etc. that is what the 172 temp was when he was towing. It normally sits at 151 unloaded I’ve noticed. 

Hope that helps

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the8rotor said:

Great video and makes me happy with the 10 speed. Also makes me miss that style center console and gauge cluster. The digital stuff is cool, but worried about it long-term. 

That’s the exact cluster I have and I vastly prefer it to the full screen stuff nowadays that’s coming in all the fancy stuff

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pryme said:

That’s the exact cluster I have and I vastly prefer it to the full screen stuff nowadays that’s coming in all the fancy stuff

It's a great looking cluster. Simple and effective.

Not trying to pick on anyone buying high-end truck models, but I refuse to buy a truck with all the bells and whistles these days. If it is comfy and tows well. Perfect. 

I couldn't believe my 2024 LT was $26k cheaper than the 2024 AT4 gasser for sale. Super beautiful truck... but not for $79k!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the8rotor said:

It's a great looking cluster. Simple and effective.

Not trying to pick on anyone buying high-end truck models, but I refuse to buy a truck with all the bells and whistles these days. If it is comfy and tows well. Perfect. 

I couldn't believe my 2024 LT was $26k cheaper than the 2024 AT4 gasser for sale. Super beautiful truck... but not for $79k!

79K...now let us all sink that into our minds....holy hell...that is like way more than the average middle class income....these prices are insane but yet they are flying off the shelves....is there a total mass amount of people out there that were stashing cash for HD trucks?  Or am I just just the poor piss boy that grew up in mooseass maine that feels lucky to be to a part of the middle class?

• Like 1