Adaptive cruise follows too closely

2015 Yukon Denali.

On my other vehicles the adaptive cruise control is a very nice feature, but on this truck it is terrible.  Even at the farthest setting, it keeps creeping up on the car in front until it's dangerously close.  I'm talking 10 to 20 feet away from the car in front, even at highway speeds. 

Also, it seems to accelerate above the set speed to keep up with the car in front.  I'll be cruising along at 75, set at 75, and as soon as a car pulls in front of me it abruptly accelerates to 77 as soon as it recognizes the car. I find this very strange.

In my previous car I loved adaptive cruise.  In this one its unusable.

Is this the same for anyone else?  Or does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by caleb01
Typo

I did not know a 2015 had adaptive cruise control.  My 2015 Sierra Denali did not have it.   Thought that cam years later?  My 2021 has it and I never have any issues.

Edited by elcamino

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, CarFan1 said:

We have it on our 2020 and I keep it on the shortest/closest setting because I can maintain speed in mixed traffic.  How many car lengths are you able to set on yours?

Mine has 3 settings. "Near," "medium," and "far." When set to "far" i have the problem described in the origional post.  It just follows way too closely. I don't even want to set it to a nearer setting, because the "far" is already too close.