2024 Turn Signals Not Working Properly at Times

Is anybody with a 24 LTZ or High Country having any issues with their turn signals? Mine started intermittently acting up within the first 100 miles. The left one was first and a few weeks later he right one did it a few times.. They flash normal for 3 flashes and then the front one goes out. The rear and the mirror still operate but flash fast, like a older vehicle when one burns out. Also get the service front turn signal lamp on the DIC. Each side has done it twice. Shut the truck off come back out later start it up and its fine  and may be fine for a few weeks then out of the blue one of the does it again. I see it is happening to other guys also on various 2024 pages. Just was wondering if anybody here had a similar issue. It is going in Tuesday for the dealer to look at that and a leaking steering box.

I may have had this happen in our '24 AT4 but I was towing and thought it might have been a trailer connection issue. About 10 minutes into my trip I started getting the fast flashing on the right turn signal but no indication where the issue was. I didn't see a message on screen but didn't investigate either. I hadn't turned off the vehicle when I dropped the trailer but don't recall the fast flash happening after that (dropped trailer at a buddies place and continued home). The next morning it worked fine with the trailer reconnected and hasn't happened again since (about 400 miles since it happened now). I'll be taking our 5th wheel out this weekend and if anything happens I'll report back (fairly short trip but we'll see). 

Edit: On another note, my truck has been slow to register that a trailer is connected (7 pin). If I connect the trailer, take a drive, shut the truck off, and restart it later, it will show a trailer connection fault. The first time it happened I unplugged and plugged it back in and it cleared instantly. The 2nd and 3rd time it cleared itself after 30-60 seconds (guesstimate). It has never disconnected while driving, just at initial start-up after already being connected and driven. 

Edited by madweazl

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 11:47 PM, jd64 said:

Is anybody with a 24 LTZ or High Country having any issues with their turn signals? Mine started intermittently acting up within the first 100 miles. The left one was first and a few weeks later he right one did it a few times.. They flash normal for 3 flashes and then the front one goes out. The rear and the mirror still operate but flash fast, like a older vehicle when one burns out. Also get the service front turn signal lamp on the DIC. Each side has done it twice. Shut the truck off come back out later start it up and its fine  and may be fine for a few weeks then out of the blue one of the does it again. I see it is happening to other guys also on various 2024 pages. Just was wondering if anybody here had a similar issue. It is going in Tuesday for the dealer to look at that and a leaking steering box.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, jd64.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2024 Chevrolet Silverado High Country. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: jd64/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• Sad 1

I'm not downing this GM Customer service reply.  I fell into it and all they will do is set you up for an appt. at your local dealership.  That's all.  So don't get excited like I did thinking yay, someone is going to pay extra special attention to my truck needs....that's a hard no.....

3 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

I'm not downing this GM Customer service reply.  I fell into it and all they will do is set you up for an appt. at your local dealership.  That's all.  So don't get excited like I did thinking yay, someone is going to pay extra special attention to my truck needs....that's a hard no.....

you are exactly right, truck was in last week to have the turn signals checked and got the exact result that i expected ,the famous "can not duplicate customers concern" it is a intermittent issue and i understand all about the difficulty in that kind of repair ,i deal with it everyday but i don't believe there was much effort put into the situation. it hasn't acted up in a few weeks  but every time i use the turn signals i wonder if they are going to work correctly. also had the steering box replaced due to a  leak at the pitman seal. they did a nice job on that repair but my driver front door didn't fair so well against their lift column.....  $75K new truck with 900 miles on it with a paintless dent repair on the door , the metal is so thin nowadays so the repair is only so so and the truck is black..... so iam like most, i'am not a big fan of any of the dealerships service dept.'s .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue.  I had less than 300 miles on the truck and took it back to the dealer for them for another service.

When I left there, I had made several right turns but no lefts.  When I did attempt to make a left turn, I got the same thing. I immediately headed for the dealership that I had left.  When I pulled into the dealer and got my salesman, he grabbed one of the service managers and it was still doing the same thing.  He took in the back, unhooked the battery, and then hooked it back up.  It quit.  Then a few days later, it did it again.  I turned it off and restarted it and it was back to normal.

About a week later, the service manager called me and said they had another 2024 doing the same thing.  He said he had reached out to a GM Field Service Tech and come to find out they had another pair in Minnesota doing it as well.  The GM guy said it was an issue with the headlights themselves and they were going to send a new pair that would have to come off of the production line since they had none in stock.

Now I also have several other intermittent electrical issues:

1) The inner right rear backup sensor works intermittently and will show red on the display numerous times (I have photos   of it). Very intermittent.

2) The front collision alert is not working. They dealer told me it had a bug on it but it is still not working

3) The headlight thing comes and goes.  Same thing as yours...3 blinks and then rapid flash like a bulb is burnt out

4) Yesterday, the heads-up display kept showing a previous instruction despite the navigation giving a different                 instruction  (I have video of that)

5) Today the left paddles on the steering wheel would not change the channel on the radio

The dealer claims that there are no codes showing on the computer when I have returned it to them.

The infotainment system is also having issues like locking up or not taking commands as well.

I have been documenting each and every occurrence in a logbook. I am very, very disappointed in this.  I bought the top of the line and paid premium money for this.  If I don't get a response and resolution soon, I am going to go another route.

BTW, there is also a YouTube video of a guy with a 2024 that is doing the same thing.  His name on there is "JB Reviews" and the video is titled "First Issue With My 2024 Chevy Silverado 3500LTZ..."

If you get a resolution, please let me know and I'll do the same.

Edited by Paints-n-cows

my right turn signal did it again today first time in about 600 miles or so. 1200 miles on the truck now. no luck with my dealership yet and after my last experience there, iam really not looking forward to another visit to the service dept. seems like its getting to be a common problem from all of the posts in the face book 24' groups, anybody get theirs fixed yet?

This my sound really dumb but I can almost see this being a bad ground.  Have you all checked the ground to your battery?  Made sure it was tight and clean?  There are other ground points too located in the engine bay.  Maybe a good going over the grounds because I just can't think of anything else that would cause the anomalies that you all are experiencing.  Grab a ladder, flashlight, some gloves, and start yanking on all the grounds.  I'm guessing one of them is loose. 

IMHO electronic  diagnosis is difficult and time consuming and it seems like dealers just want to kick the cans down the road. There are technical services that the dealers can employ that assist the techs. I think it has more to do with the billable hours for the diag. No tech wants to spend the day on an issue only to get paid for an hour. 

The refreshed 1500s are doing this as well.  We've seen 3 of them, two were fixed from simply unplugging and re-plugging in the headlight that was acting up.  The third one had that done but came back a couple weeks later acting up again.  

My thoughts, its either bad headlight assembly or its some sort of BCM related control issue.  

when the left one acted up within the first 100 miles i had the wheel liners out for rustproofing so i un plugged the left headlamp connector and made sure the terminals weren't damaged that the secondary lock was indeed originally locked and it was, so i reconnected it and made sure it was locked.  it acted up again within a few hundred miles, each side has done it 3 times within the 1200 miles that are on the truck now. when i scanned it there were no codes in either the truck lighting module or in the trailer lighting module and no associated communication codes between the modules stored in the GDS 2.

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up my 24 LTZ 4 days ago. Got the Left Turn Signal Lamp message and the fast flashing this morning.

My previous 2018 1500 gave me similar messages and fast blinking after I had replaced one of the taillights. I doubled checked the connector and never saw it again. So my first attempt later today will be to do something similar on this new truck. Unplug some cables, double check the pins and make sure it's plugged in all the way. Along with leaving the battery unplugged for a good bit.

By the sounds of this and some of the other issues on the forum I'm reading about. I wouldn't be surprised that assembly lines are being rushed more than usual. Which is leading to half-assed work = Loose connections, bolts, half-filled liquids etc.

My local dealership appointments are booked through December. Driving 7 hours to the next closes dealership a day to get told "Can't duplicate complaint" is a hard pass for now.

My understanding is that there are issues with some of the "animated" headlamps. Its an ongoing problem with a supplier. 

(which doesnt make me feel warm and fuzzy)