Dashcam brand and placement for refresh with HUGE behind mirror contraption

Have a Viofo A129 Pro.  Worked well in my 2020 but this 23 refresh with lane keep assist has an enormous block of plastic there.  The issue is, if I put the camera to close to that box, the box blocks out a lot of the image.

So, what are those with this monstrosity of sensors doing for cameras?

I put mine right next to it in the driver's side.

BTW I used to have a Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K setup and I thought it was an OK setup. I got a Rexing V1P Max and it's more user friendly IMO. I'll post a pic later today

4 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Here you go.....

20230521_094126.jpg

Does that have the lane keep assist?  I know with the Viofo, it was picking up the lane keep's huge box

2023 Silverado High Country.......

This is the cam setup I purchased.......has 3 cameras and works very well so far. I mounted it to the right side of the center windshield module. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09WXX4DGM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_9731.jpeg

IMG_9733.jpeg

What fuses are you guys tapping to get power?  I assume they are hard wired... I'd like to hardwire my Blackvue DR900X Plus camera into my 2022 High Country but no idea what fuses to use for power connections... Thanks

31 minutes ago, DDGLDO said:

What fuses are you guys tapping to get power?  I assume they are hard wired... I'd like to hardwire my Blackvue DR900X Plus camera into my 2022 High Country but no idea what fuses to use for power connections... Thanks

I used the passenger side fuse box.  F3 fuse Universal Remote System (Garage Door Open) for Batt constant power.  And F22 fuse Heated Steering Wheel for ACC key switch power.  

8 hours ago, DDGLDO said:

My Cobra SC201 gets power from the mirror connector with this:

SimpleUSBCable 12V to MicroUSB Two-Prong Universal Dashcam Adapter - Dongar Technologies LLC

https://dongar.tech/products/twoprong-microusb

On 5/23/2023 at 9:43 PM, SilveradoRST said:

I used the passenger side fuse box.  F3 fuse Universal Remote System (Garage Door Open) for Batt constant power.  And F22 fuse Heated Steering Wheel for ACC key switch power.  

Is that on a refresh?

On 5/23/2023 at 9:07 PM, DDGLDO said:

See the pictures below. This is where I got battery constant and switched power for my Thinkware. F32 was the ONLY switched fuse inside the truck I could located, in either fuse boxes. This is in my 2022 refresh. 

To the OP, why not just under the box? This is in my 2022 refresh LTZ with lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control. It also still keeps the camera centered for maximum viewing angles. With my mirror pushed up as high as it will go, I barely see the bottom of the camera.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by mjonesjr84