2024 gasser going up the Ike with 13K lb. 5th wheel

For those of you wondering what your gasser with the 10 speed is capable of, going up the Ike with a 13k lb 5th wheel, this is a much watch!!!

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XY74 said:

That was impressive.  Oddly enough you tube served that same video up to me too.  

I follow that guy so that's why it showed up for me.  But that was impressive!!

Have you read the comments on that video? haha. It seems as the ford apparently kept chasing gears while the Chevy held steady and maintained momentum, but the Ford fan boys state that's how a truck should run (referring to the ford). I don't own either and currently own a RAM, which is being traded in on a Chevy, but I don't believe they should be searching for gears that much. 

I follow him as well but I haven't made it through all the parts in this series. 

1 hour ago, Tater86 said:

Have you read the comments on that video? haha. It seems as the ford apparently kept chasing gears while the Chevy held steady and maintained momentum, but the Ford fan boys state that's how a truck should run (referring to the ford). I don't own either and currently own a RAM, which is being traded in on a Chevy, but I don't believe they should be searching for gears that much. 

I follow him as well but I haven't made it through all the parts in this series. 

So I watched both videos. I did see how the Ford hunted a little more, but part of me wonders if that's because it had more power so it actually could upshift at times whereas the 6.6 had nothing left to give.

I will say they both look pretty well matched, I think the 7.3 has a little more power from what I can see but it's also noisier.

In the end though I'd never use CC up a hill like that. I'd probably also find a trucker to hunker down behind if he was going 50+, and just take it nice and easy. I don't see why saving 1 minute or two up that hill is so important, the rest of the truck matters very much more than saving some seconds up some random hill.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ry Guy said:

Would have liked to see it compared with a 3.73 geared Ford instead of the 3.55 gears for a more apples to apples comparison but still good to see

Rear gear ratio is meaningless by itself. You need to multiply it by the transmission gear to get the 10 final gear ratios your truck can use. In other words, you may change your revs by 200 rpms up/down in a certain situation but it's not going to magically change the power available in your truck.

It only matters these days when looking at power from a dead stop (transmission is in first) or when transmission is in 10th (what are your rpms there). For all other cases, the transmission shifts as needed.

1 hour ago, Pryme said:

TFL got all mad and said they trademarked the term “ike gauntlet” so this guy had to remove his video lmao wow. TFL guys are tools. 

Please tell me you are kidding.  Oh hell, I just watched his video, you weren't kidding.  So they actually trademarked the "Ike Gauntlet"?  Who ta hell does that?  Wow....I mean wow....really??

Edited by Jettech1
  • Haha 1

Well that's one subscription I just removed from youtube.  I really did like their stuff, I had no idea they were that pissy.  Maybe I should send them a case of Bud Light, perhaps they will enjoy that.  Oh and I'm sure I can find some stuff from Target and Northface to send them as well.  Money well spent...

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

Well that's one subscription I just removed from youtube.  I really did like their stuff, I had no idea they were that pissy.  Maybe I should send them a case of Bud Light, perhaps they will enjoy that.  Oh and I'm sure I can find some stuff from Target and Northface to send them as well.  Money well spent...

Yeah they have always struck me as the granola, man bun Birkenstock type people. 

• Like 2

He re-uploaded the videos with new titles. Eisenhower tunnel instead of ike gauntlet haha. 
he also posted a longer explanation video about how TFL didn’t even have the decency to contact him and let him know it’s trademarked. They just went through YouTube and his video just disappeared. Lots of people unsubscribing to TFL. Not that it will really dent their 1mil plus subs